Dent repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I just finished up washing my truck and as I was drying it I came across a nice little surprise. I had the truck at the dealer Tuesday and I assume they must have hit something and not filled me in, as the truck has not moved since bringing it home. Anyway, I know am left with a nice little dent, scratched down to bare metal. I may be able to bang the dent out from the back, but I am not too worried about that. I am more concerned with the potential for rust. Anyone have any ideas for sealing up the area? Here are some pictures

fb2c7d6eadfc0e4d7bde5b855abb2f89.jpg
355db55773c8e5d24fc2eb5c0407dfa4.jpg

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer.. I'm sure you've thought of this but if it were mine, I'd just grab some touch up from the dealer and lightly sand it first.

OP
OP
Bulletnjm

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd take it back and raise holy hell and make them fix it....that kind of stuff ticks me off. Somebody knows it happened.

I would like to but im just not sure they would take it seriously, as i have now had the truck in my possession for a couple days now. This isnt my first incident with the dealer, my last being that they forgot to reinstall my oil cap after an oil change. I understand mistakes are mad i just wish they would have been straight forward with me

J. Wolfe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd certainly point it out to the service manager, if they don't make an effort to help you out, I'd start looking for a new dealer. Easier said than done though.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going back would be useless. Like he said its been a couple days...Two solutions: they sell car band aids, like you see on tuner cars, just kidding

Nick, Touch it up or have a body shop take a look at it.
Also if its below the door line you can just have matte wrap installed but touch up that spot first. I have a couple people in Vineland area that I do business with help you with rocker panels wrap. Just let me know.

OP
OP
Bulletnjm

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going back would be useless. Like he said its been a couple days...Two solutions: they sell car band aids, like you see on tuner cars, just kidding

Nick, Touch it up or have a body shop take a look at it.
Also if its below the door line you can just have matte wrap installed but touch up that spot first. I have a couple people in Vineland area that I do business with help you with rocker panels wrap. Just let me know.

Yeah, i think i'am going to have someone take a look at it, dont think it should be too much of a job, it just sucks that i have to do it

Dear God, not again please. I still have ptsd from that nav bezel

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First you take it to the dealer's Service Manager.
If you get no satisfaction from him, you ask him how to contact the Ford regional service manager. He'll balk, but insist.
Then contact the regional guy and describe every incident you've had with that dealer's service department - this dent, the oil cap, everything.
Ford has a mechanism in place to address this kind of thing.
Use it.

Gilligan

Reaction score
^^ yeah don't be a bitch bullet.. also don't forget to mention how you planned on buying a fleet of trucks