Decent Road tire recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GEAngulo09

Reaction score
LT315/70R17
113/110S C BSW 34.4" 12.7" 8-11" 9.5" 15/32" C - 6 ply 2535/2335 lbs 45 psi (S) 112 mph 63 lbs Black 604 (stock)
LT315/70R17

Has anyone run the 113/110S instead of 121/118 and did you notice any difference? I know the load rating is different, and is it bad running lower load rating?

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone run the 113/110S instead of 121/118 and did you notice any difference? I know the load rating is different, and is it bad running lower load rating?
I am considering going to the C rated KO2 when it's time to get a new set of tires. The original set KO's are D rated 8 ply. Have 36K on them. The closet replacement is the E rated 10 ply. I don't want a stiffer tire than crrent as it will be a harsher ride on the pavement. So am considering the C rated 6 ply which it what is on the Gen 2's.

GEAngulo09

Reaction score
I am considering going to the C rated KO2 when it's time to get a new set of tires. The original set KO's are D rated 8 ply. Have 36K on them. The closet replacement is the E rated 10 ply. I don't want a stiffer tire than crrent as it will be a harsher ride on the pavement. So am considering the C rated 6 ply which it what is on the Gen 2's.

Interesting i didnt know the Gen 2 came with that tire spec, because i have a Gen 1 and i notice the C rated are a bit cheaper but i wonder if its bad or not running those on the Gen 1 when it states to run a load E rating.

And i didnt even think of a stiff ride until now that you mention it. I hear alot of good things about Falkens A/TW3 that they are quiet and comfortable.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting i didnt know the Gen 2 came with that tire spec, because i have a Gen 1 and i notice the C rated are a bit cheaper but i wonder if its bad or not running those on the Gen 1 when it states to run a load E rating.

And i didnt even think of a stiff ride until now that you mention it. I hear alot of good things about Falkens A/TW3 that they are quiet and comfortable.

One owner states a certain tire rides great and is quiet, then another owner reports a different opinion. That seems to be how it goes with tires. I haven't gotten any consistent trend from any specific tire from all of the reading I've done. As of now, I'm going with KO2's when it's time to re-tire.