Dealer advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaxxxa

Reaction score
Hi All,

My 2011 was delivered from a dealer in MA a couple of weeks ago. A few things were agreed upon prior to delivery; Windshield had a small spider crack, and was replaced; Rear seat had what looked like a gas spill, and was supposed to be reupholstered... The issue is, it looks like they just swapped a seat from a regular 150, as the cloth vent inlays are not there. Now, I don't have pics of the original seat. Is there any way to verify what the original seat was?

Also, they charged for glass VIN etching as part of the dealer fees, but I don't see that either.

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 12951

Pictures of the seat? Others here with a 2011 could probably tell you if it's a seat from that year Raptor or not.

Did you sign for delivery and made note of these issues or did you not find out until afterwards? Personally I would hate buying a vehicle this way without seeing it in person and to confirm it was done right before any financial transaction. I think you are at the mercy of the reputation of the dealer and if they will take care of you. Of course you could get an attorney but that cost will most likely out weigh what it would cost you just to take care of it yourself. Ask them where the VIN etching is and if it's not there they should refund you....again if the dealer is a reputable one but any dealer who does VIN etching and tries to sell their customers that absolute crap already seems like shady ****** bags.

OP
OP
J

Jaxxxa

Reaction score
I did see and drive at the dealership, and have them note the issues when the deal was made, didn't sign anything upon delivery. The seat is basically just a black leather F150 SCREW seat with no Raptor fabric accent like the fronts. Forgot to snap a pic of it while at the dealer, but don't all Raptors have the mesh inlay in the back as well?

I agree about the VIN etch, but this was included as part of the "dealer prep" and should have been done as stated.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships just flat out suck. They are good for one thing: A place to buy your truck. Unfortunately in your case, looks like they are not even good for that! What a joke they are. Which dealership and where is this happening?