Dead battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So Friday I was coming home from work and made a few stops (bank, grocery store, etc) then stopped at the liquor store in my area. When I came back out to start my truck it was totally dead. No lights, no radio, just loud clicking. :mad:

So one guy working in the store brought his car around and tried to jump start me. Didn't work. Another guy in a Range Rover tried as well. Still didn't work. My wife showed up and we let her car try to charge me for 15 minutes. And it still didn't work, but I could finally get the windows down.

Fortunately there was an Interstate dealer nearby that brought me a battery and got me going. ($177 for a battery!)

But what ****** me off is my stock OEM battery on a 2012 died that soon. Pretty crappy life expectancy from it. I've never had a battery go bad that soon in any vehicle, ever.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Batteries can be hit or miss. I've had the same thing happen to me with a VW that was 6 months old. The battery in my 2003 SVT Focus lasted 8 years, still had the original batt when I traded it in.