Daytime Running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
You kids. This is the only vehicle that I have owned that had automatic lights. I remember when we didn't have power steering or power brakes. Why do you want your lights on during the day?

Agreed. Automatic lights are just plain laziness. How hard is it to turn a switch that's right freakin there.

And I also agree with the "why do you want them on" part.

I hate having DRL. (Live in Canada) bulbs burn out so much faster. And especially with your HID's. not really something you wanna be replacing all the time. Of course this depends on how much you drive.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The truck will shut off shit if it stays on without the truck running for any length of time. The loud, musical, annoying chime shouldn't let you forget your lights are on anyway.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck will shut off shit if it stays on without the truck running for any length of time. The loud, musical, annoying chime shouldn't let you forget your lights are on anyway.

In layman's terms... hahaha

OP
OP
PJF

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My service dept today told me that if I wanted them to cut off automatically to just put black duct tape on the sensor. My main reason for wanting DRL is that it does increase the safety aspect and there are a lot of times Im jumping out of truck fast and I will just forget about turning the knob to the right.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure it is a safety thing, a lot of people are too stupid to turn on the lights when its a downpour rain, foggy or snowing. In Canada you can get a fine if your DRL's are not working, not sure why the US has not adopted this yet.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer can flash the computer to have DRL in the US I bought mine from the US and they did that at the dealer I got it from in the states to make it legal here

Sent from my S4

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My service dept today told me that if I wanted them to cut off automatically to just put black duct tape on the sensor. My main reason for wanting DRL is that it does increase the safety aspect and there are a lot of times Im jumping out of truck fast and I will just forget about turning the knob to the right.

Where is this sensor? I'd like to cover it up. I drove a Tundra for 7 years and it had the auto lights and i am so used to them shutting off when i get out. Ive left them on about 10 times now by accident.

OP
OP
PJF

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is this sensor? I'd like to cover it up. I drove a Tundra for 7 years and it had the auto lights and i am so used to them shutting off when i get out. Ive left them on about 10 times now by accident.

Its the black thing in front of the center speaker.