GEN 1 damp D/S carpet ...HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYRAPSVT14

Reaction score
whats up Raptor pals,

I have a 2014 SCREW. just recently purchased... I noticed 1 day I was cleaning the rubber mat, the bottom was wet. I thought nothing of it. figured it would be condensation from the recent weather change in NY.. so I checked again and still wet. I read some posts that it could be the follow:

1. AC Drain is seeping into passenger side, but its not wet on passenger side.
2. Rear brake light housing is bad and needs replacement.
3. clogged drain in cowl by the windshield wiper.

can anyone tell me if they had this issue and how to tackle it?

Thanks in advance

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you haven't had it that long, the dealers are known to soak used vehicle carpets during the detail process. throw a rubber mat on top and it'll never dry.

I'd say its very unlikely you are getting water from the A/C box on the driver's floor.

The third brake light is a very common leak, but usually you'll see some water on the rear seat back as its going to drip from the headliner.

cowl drain is also unlikely.. sunroof drain is not so unlikely.. windsheild leak, also not so unlikely, could be a door weatherstrip also, but the way the truck is constructed the floor is a bit higher than the sills. so maybe unlikely as well..

I'd start by pulling the driver's seat and the sill trim pieces and look under the carpet and see how much water is really there in the under padding. if its sopping wet, you need to get it as dry as possible with towels, and then fans.

OP
OP
N

NYRAPSVT14

Reaction score
If you haven't had it that long, the dealers are known to soak used vehicle carpets during the detail process. throw a rubber mat on top and it'll never dry.

I'd say its very unlikely you are getting water from the A/C box on the driver's floor.

The third brake light is a very common leak, but usually you'll see some water on the rear seat back as its going to drip from the headliner.

cowl drain is also unlikely.. sunroof drain is not so unlikely.. windsheild leak, also not so unlikely, could be a door weatherstrip also, but the way the truck is constructed the floor is a bit higher than the sills. so maybe unlikely as well..

I'd start by pulling the driver's seat and the sill trim pieces and look under the carpet and see how much water is really there in the under padding. if its sopping wet, you need to get it as dry as possible with towels, and then fans.

Thanks my brotha!!
I never thought of the dealer detailing would cause it to be damp... hasn't been too warm up here to dry fast enough. I did pull the trim and lifted the rug... the foam lining under the carpet is still damp, Im letting it air out...

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2010 had a leak from the satellite radio antenna. It ran down the A-pillar and dripped onto the driver side floor.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the main rubber grommet on the firewall. some people are lazy and when they pass wires through, just push the grommet through. any water that gets in your engine bay will find the hole.the clogged draintubes from the moonroof is also a guilty culprit if you have it

OP
OP
N

NYRAPSVT14

Reaction score
thanks guys,

so far, no other leaks... I lifted the d/s rug and the foam was soaked... we had some snow and rain and didn't find any evidence of water from those suggested locations... I vacuumed the foam under the carpet and its slowly drying.. I run the floor heater while I drive to get air flow...once its completely dry, ill repost..

e