Damned if I do, Damned if I don't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Last TRR, I was pretty much stock (only had my truck for 3 weeks) and just had a RPG Bump stop (Stage 2) installed the day before at TMX. I did mid perch the week after driving it home from the dealer. I agree, I beat it up and chunked up my brand new rear tires (they are my two spares now)

Now I've done what you want, upgraded leafs and shocks, tires are still the same though. I really want to go to TRR15 to "feel" the difference.

I upgraded the shocks the day before Raptoberfest and to be honest, I was not sure I could tell the difference. I had to get someone to take a lap with me from a stock truck to tell me that there WAS a difference. Ideally it would of been great to still be stock and run a lap then upgrade onsite and do it again which sounds like you might be able to do. Be aware that after getting those things done you will most likely be out of alignment.

If I was you, don't mess with the tires like others have said but do the stock run and upgrade onsite. If that is not possible, then I would upgrade now.

It took me about 1.5 - 2 hours last TRR to do the 43 miles and now I want to see if I can do it less than an hour. But it is NOT a race. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Definitely before, you want to enjoy the truck. Even if you can get the work done there you're going to kick yourself for driving stock and wasting time with the install once you feel how awesome it is. You'll never want to drive a Raptor with stock shocks again once you go 3.0's! But wait on the tires. No need for new ones just to beat in them in the dirt.

So go call one of our supporting vendors and get some parts ordered now for TRR!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jeez @Jimbo trying to make me work at TRR! Gonna make me sweat hahaha!:ROFLJest:

But seriously, @Killjohnathan its possible to do, i would prolly have to snag a extra pair of hands from one of the @svc guys (if they arnt tooo busy) to speed up the process, but i dont see why we couldnt get you setup. I can get you setup with a decent package deal to save some money too. Let me know if I can help!

I would wait on the tires till after TRR.

-Joseph Haynes

as long as I just have to hold the umbrella or sweep up after then I can help you out. Just Kidding, but on a serious note we drove 20 hours last year and went straight into an install when we got there, it wouldn't be TRR tradition without getting the hands dirty a bit before the fun begins, which is perfectly fine with me

-Jeff