Daily driver regrets???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desert Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting really close on my decision but was wondering about you folks that use the Raptor as your primary vehicle. I need to order the Supercrew for both business and family use, so will be using the truck almost daily as well as for weekend fun. I know that I should order a FX4 or King Ranch or such with the EcoBoost for business/family use, but just can't walk away from the Raptor yet.

So I have to ask; any regrets using the Raptor as your daily ride? I know everyone likes the looks and attention this vehicle gets, but at 11 mpg (Supercrew) in City driving and rising gas prices, are you now forced to consider another vehicle for daily use?

Also, I only test drove the Raptor a couple of times (and loved it), but how about daily driving and use. Is it a pain in the ass driving in City traffic or parking it in crowded areas?

Despite the responses I will probably still get one but have been really curious how folks have been dealing with the Raptor as a daily ride. Thanks for your input.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
As long as OSAMA is keeping the oil companies down, gas over $4.00 a gallon is my only errrrrr point at 12 mpg. I don't have any other regrets AT ALL! .....
BDRAG

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's my DD and I have no regrets as having it as my primary vehicle. Once, I hit 30,000 miles I will be looking for another DD but will always keep the Rap in the stable.

I have a feeling if you end up in an alternative F-150, you will always be kicking yourself when you see a Raptor on the road.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Mine is my daily driver too, and I find it to be a pleasure to drive anywhere. After 20,000 miles, I still hop in and just go for a tour for the hell of it.
It is the most comfortable vehicle I've been in - nice seats, tall view, and stable feel. Not to mention it kicks ass when you stomp on it...

In April I did a 3 day trip to Reno, and experienced very little road fatigue on the 9-10 hour days. Coming back I spent 6 days on the road touring around wherever I felt like - same thing. I can't say the same for any of the 20 other vehicles I've owned.

As you may have seen on here, I also like to play in it :). But I'm in a different situation with no family to consider - so I can take some liberties others wouldn't.

Ultimately you will have to decide - but I have had no regrets. I still grin like a kid when I hit the remote start and scare the deer outta the driveway each morning.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any regrets. I have the 5.4 Scab so my mileage isn’t all that bad. I am in a small city, so it's not like I have to deal with New York or L. A. traffic. But when we do have traffic or when I am forced to venture to the Peoples Republick of CA, being in a comfortable vehicle makes traffic much easier to deal with. I have always parked out in the far reaches of lots, so the Raptor hasn’t presented any challenges in that department. In fact it's actually one of the most maneuverable vehicles I have had (except for the Jeep Wrangler).
The real question is: Are you going to actually use the Raptor? If you’re never going to go off road, then why spend the extra money per mile for a Raptor? Unless of course having one of the best vehicles ever made makes it worthwhile to you (it does to me). In the final analysis, unless the difference in cost per mile (maybe about .03 a mile, I haven’t ran the numbers to be sure) is really going to make a difference to you, get the Raptor, you won’t regret it.

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is helping me redial my thoughts again.....lol.

As long as OSAMA is keeping the oil companies down, gas over $4.00 a gallon is my only errrrrr point at 12 mpg. I don't have any other regrets AT ALL! .....
BDRAG

I was just in the Dallas area visiting my brother this past weekend and so we went out to find some Raptors. Found a couple of black ones just like yours that looked terrific. He wasn't into the Raptor much (had seen the white, silver, and blue) but loved the black ones (I have to get a lighter color because of all the blowing dust we get here). I was also surprised how many Raptors there were on the lots in the Dallas area, but then again I am always amazed on how many car dealerships are there. Because there are so many, I never saw so many huge American flags during a drive around town...lol.

It's my DD and I have no regrets as having it as my primary vehicle. Once, I hit 30,000 miles I will be looking for another DD but will always keep the Rap in the stable.

I have a feeling if you end up in an alternative F-150, you will always be kicking yourself when you see a Raptor on the road.

That was my thought...bite the bullet on gas for a couple years at most until I get something else for daily commuting and keep the beast for the weekend. I agree with the regret thing if I don't buy one, but wouldn't be unhappy if I do go with another Ford model but really want my toy. :)

Mine is my daily driver too, and I find it to be a pleasure to drive anywhere. After 20,000 miles, I still hop in and just go for a tour for the hell of it.
It is the most comfortable vehicle I've been in - nice seats, tall view, and stable feel. Not to mention it kicks ass when you stomp on it...

In April I did a 3 day trip to Reno, and experienced very little road fatigue on the 9-10 hour days. Coming back I spent 6 days on the road touring around wherever I felt like - same thing. I can't say the same for any of the 20 other vehicles I've owned.

As you may have seen on here, I also like to play in it :). But I'm in a different situation with no family to consider - so I can take some liberties others wouldn't.

Ultimately you will have to decide - but I have had no regrets. I still grin like a kid when I hit the remote start and scare the deer outta the driveway each morning.

I agree, my 2009 FX4 was one of the most comfortable vehicles I have ever owned. Even my wife enjoyed riding in it despite the lift and all. Ford did a great job with the seats, interior, and overall ride feel.

Last edited:

Mark Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DD here also. I love it and have no regrets. Haven't had any issues with the size yet and I live in congested south Florida. As for gas prices, I usually don't even look at the pump to see how much it costs. Not a new habit either as I have done this with my Mustang as well. Keepin' the blinders on is always helpful.
I LOVE MY RAPTOR!!!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love driving this thing every day. Sure it sucks gas and stuffs a parking space, but those are small trade-offs for the immense amount of joy this thing has brought me in the desert and on my daily travels. Go for it Desert Dawg.... And after you get it, let's meet up in Santa Teresa, NM for some get-sideways.

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any regrets. I have the 5.4 Scab so my mileage isn’t all that bad. I am in a small city, so it's not like I have to deal with New York or L. A. traffic. But when we do have traffic or when I am forced to venture to the Peoples Republick of CA, being in a comfortable vehicle makes traffic much easier to deal with. I have always parked out in the far reaches of lots, so the Raptor hasn’t presented any challenges in that department. In fact it's actually one of the most maneuverable vehicles I have had (except for the Jeep Wrangler).
The real question is: Are you going to actually use the Raptor? If you’re never going to go off road, then why spend the extra money per mile for a Raptor? Unless of course having one of the best vehicles ever made makes it worthwhile to you (it does to me). In the final analysis, unless the difference in cost per mile (maybe about .03 a mile, I haven’t ran the numbers to be sure) is really going to make a difference to you, get the Raptor, you won’t regret it.

Yeah, I will actually use the Raptor since I live in the high desert with plenty of open space and mountains but most of my driving will still be around town. And we go up in the mountains a few times a year for fire wood, Christmas tree hunting, or just for whatever so I will use the utility of the truck besides my weekend forays to Lowes....lol. I am really glad to hear that the Raptor is still pretty maneuverable and probably more than my lifted F250 was.

DD here also. I love it and have no regrets. Haven't had any issues with the size yet and I live in congested south Florida. As for gas prices, I usually don't even look at the pump to see how much it costs. Not a new habit either as I have done this with my Mustang as well. Keepin' the blinders on is always helpful.
I LOVE MY RAPTOR!!!

lol....I like that philosophy; if we can afford it, why worry about it. I actually budgeted use for the Raptor with gas at $5/gal. If gas really does get that high, or worse, then I will rethink my reasoning as a daily driver.

I love driving this thing every day. Sure it sucks gas and stuffs a parking space, but those are small trade-offs for the immense amount of joy this thing has brought me in the desert and on my daily travels. Go for it Desert Dawg.... And after you get it, let's meet up in Santa Teresa, NM for some get-sideways.

Yeah, I have really been second guessing myself; even though I have no problem buying and maintaining one, the logical and responsible side of me has me rethinking. But one doesn't buy a Raptor for responsible and logical reasons....lol. And yes, that would be a blast to meet up for some real offroading once I finally get it!!

10 months and 19000 miles later, I still look like this while driving it everyday :happy107:

very cool...I think I would be the same!

Last edited: