Custom License Plate!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

{TEX}Hawaii ((

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, don't have the truck yet, but locked in my plates. Front and back in Texas.

Question for anyone from Texas who has used Myplates...I don't pick up my Truck until I get back stateside in July, but the plates will be ready in a month. Is there a way to get them prior to having the truck? Thought I could have my wife go in and get them from the county, but the confirmation email I received seemed to indicate I needed registration and insurance, etc. to pick them up....

Attachments

• Option 2.jpg
    Option 2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 157

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're gonna need your license (proof of a residency), registration, and proof of insurance (since the truck is new, only a insurance binder is necessary as long as the tag is applied for within 30 days of the purchase date). If your wife is picking it up for you, I believe you can have her bring in a photocopy of your license as long as she brings in her own license as well (if the plate is under your name). However, I'm not 100% sure so I highly recommend that you double check with your tag office.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i picked mine up before. you have to go back into the registration office once your new truck populates in their system (usually 3 weeks after you buy it).

I have my plates on my truck now with the temp tag in the rear window. no hassles on it from police yet.

OP
OP
{TEX}Hawaii ((

{TEX}Hawaii ((

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i picked mine up before. you have to go back into the registration office once your new truck populates in their system (usually 3 weeks after you buy it).

I have my plates on my truck now with the temp tag in the rear window. no hassles on it from police yet.

Thanks. I figured I could do something like that.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're lucky I'm indecisive Tex, SVT 6.2 that was one of the ideas I was had when I got my custom Texas plates :)

That was near the top of the list, but I couldn't make up my mind, so I just ordered the white plate with random numbers/letters.

OP
OP
{TEX}Hawaii ((

{TEX}Hawaii ((

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're lucky I'm indecisive Tex, SVT 6.2 that was one of the ideas I was had when I got my custom Texas plates :)

That was near the top of the list, but I couldn't make up my mind, so I just ordered the white plate with random numbers/letters.

Yeah...I tried a few other options (7 in all). Some were taken, so I jumped on this one when it was listed as available. I don't even pick up my truck until July, but didn't want to wait and find out someone else got the plate I wanted.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Texas rules. New Mexico doesn't have a site like that at all.

Texas would REALLY rule in the area of license plates if they didn't require front license plates. But instead they write us tickets for not having them.

I love customized plates, have them on other cars, but I have not found one I love for the raptor yet.

connwine

Reaction score
Exploring available vanity plates for my '13 Raptor that is being built on Monday. Since I live in Califorina..no easy task. I live in Napa Valley and am in the wine business. So I came up with: WINOSAR It would be nice to have one extra character to get the u in there but still a good play on dinosaur. What you guys think?