Crooked bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was fueling up my bike on the way to the track today and noticed that the gap between the rear of the cab and the front wall of the bed is a little off. After a little more inspection, it seems that my bed was installed crooked. If I measure the gap between the left and right side of the bed its about 3/8 of an inch difference. Has any one els had this problem? I'm assuming that the bed was not installed %100 straight, and it just needs some adjustment. The truck has 1,600 miles on it and it has never seen air time, so there is no way anything can be bent.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fairly common issue. Mine was crooked. Did you have it Line-X'd? Sometimes when they take the bolts out it can get shifted. If not, have your dealer fix it or just loosen the bolts and straighten it out yourself.

D

Deleted member 12951

Heard it is common coming off the assembly line. When I was on the f150forum.com people complained about that all the time.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It moves pretty easy with the bolts loose..... the track you say? What kinda bike

CRF 450

I have not gotten it line-xed yet, so I'll probably just straighten it out then. Its not too bothersome, but I do wish it came off the assembly line straight and square.

Thanks for the help.

Darkalley

Reaction score
I literally just noticed this! Did u guys get it fixed by the dealer or leave it? I'm off about a half an inch from side to side..

nowthen

Reaction score
I recently got new rims with 0 offset and I spent about a week thinking I might have got one rim with negative offset, or even somehow bent my frame, because the left hand tire looked like it was almost 1" further out than the other side. After much measuring, head scratching and eyeballing it, I finally figured it was the damn bed that was twisted, must have been like it from the factory I guess but only noticed with the wider wheels.

10 min job to straighten it up!

Darkalley

Reaction score
I have the factory bed liner... Are those screws sprayed seperate? My bed isn't off a ton so if playing w the screws wil mess the bedliner I might just live w it,,,