Clear coat shocks....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the winter getting ready to hit here in the mid Atlantic I was wondering if anyone clear coated their shocks. The shocks on my last raptor looked like hell after just one winter. The salt ate the shocks up.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine this weekend with boeshield t-9. Usually helps keep them from getting destroyed.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that anything like AMSOIL HDMP? Only thing I don't like about it is the yellowing it leaves. Does Boeshield dry clear?

I was looking at mine the other day, I coated them with HDMP right after I bought it and yes, the yellow is a little annoying, but I figured the benefits outweigh the cosmetic downside.

Pghraptor

Reaction score
Ordered my HDMP yesterday does anyone have any pics of how yellow they make the shocks. Getting scared to do now, but in Pittsburgh we love salt!

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
T-9 will not make it yellow. Its what many use on JetSki's to protect from corrosion. I know when I had a dealer do the 10hr service on my previous ski they used it and worked great.

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Amsoil MPHD straight off the transport. Truck had 1.6 miles on it. This stuff is great. It does yellow the surface a bit but also make dirt mud and sand just bead up and fall right off. Live in Austin so not much snow and no salt to contend with but I wanted some sort of protection and this has worked great so far. I even did my yfz450r shortly after not that it ever even see water except for the occasional wash it may receive.

D

Deleted member 12951

I bought a can of Boeshield T-9. Just waiting for things to warm up a tad and I feel like taking off the rear tires as I want to spray a few other things while I am in there.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently did the MPHD also and I agree that a little yellowish tint to the shocks is well worth having them protected. Does anyone know how long the MPHD will last until I need to recoat everything? Living in the rust belt I have to do something or it will eat the truck.