Chicagoland Mid Perch party 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I'm at mid-perch already. But I'm certainly down to come and try some crack jerky and wrestle the Rotts.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not sure I want to do a mid perch, but I have a 21" light bar on the way and would really appreciate some help with installing it once it arrives. I'll keep watching for any potential dates. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems reasonable, there is another group in Chi that has semi regular wrench nights where people go to Chitown4x4's shop hang out and help people with projects.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not sure I want to do a mid perch, but I have a 21" light bar on the way and would really appreciate some help with installing it once it arrives. I'll keep watching for any potential dates. Thanks in advance!

Who makes a 21" bar? I'm assuming it goes in the lower grill section? Did it come with a bracket?

We have installed plenty of lights and would be happy to help you out at our next install day.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who makes a 21" bar? I'm assuming it goes in the lower grill section? Did it come with a bracket?

We have installed plenty of lights and would be happy to help you out at our next install day.

Thanks, I really appreciate the offer! It is a Vision X that I've purchased through @AlternativeOffroad. Yes, it is intended for the lower grill area and I ordered the silver mount. They gave me a nice deal.

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I really appreciate the offer! It is a Vision X that I've purchased through @AlternativeOffroad. Yes, it is intended for the lower grill area and I ordered the silver mount. They gave me a nice deal.

Nice, VisionX makes great stuff and James at Alternative is a great guy. Thats a pretty easy install. We will need to drill two holes for bracket and will need to notch the bumperette covers.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, VisionX makes great stuff and James at Alternative is a great guy. Thats a pretty easy install. We will need to drill two holes for bracket and will need to notch the bumperette covers.

This is exactly why I'll appreciate any help...lol. I'm actually pretty handy with tools etc., but I'm not too proud to accept other's expertise and experience to make things go smoothly. I'll also be happy to lend a hand on anyone else's truck whenever I can.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what others have done to their Raptors!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is exactly why I'll appreciate any help...lol. I'm actually pretty handy with tools etc., but I'm not too proud to accept other's expertise and experience to make things go smoothly. I'll also be happy to lend a hand on anyone else's truck whenever I can.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what others have done to their Raptors!

You dont have to notch anything for the visionx mount.

Its clean and simply. only the rigids do you have to notch the bumperettes.

the visionx 20" fits cleanly inside. And if you bought their mount, you dont have to drill any holes either, everything is direct bolt in.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You dont have to notch anything for the visionx mount.

Its clean and simply. only the rigids do you have to notch the bumperettes.

the visionx 20" fits cleanly inside. And if you bought their mount, you dont have to drill any holes either, everything is direct bolt in.

Thanks, yes, I was told the bracket I bought was a direct bolt in. I'm still looking forward to the possibility of getting some help with wiring it to an upfitter switch.

Does anyone know if this comes together if it will be on a Saturday?