Chase Rack Security

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I'm just finishing off the customizations to my WSI chase rack and am starting to think about overnight security for the items that are in the bed for weekend trips.

What do people do to secure their stuff? I was thinking that I would put some high quality motorcycle chains though the tires to the rack will this be enough?

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I'm just finishing off the customizations to my WSI chase rack and am starting to think about overnight security for the items that are in the bed for weekend trips.

What do people do to secure their stuff? I was thinking that I would put some high quality motorcycle chains though the tires to the rack will this be enough?

for mine I secure the rack, tires, and gas can with a coated cable that I padlock to the two tiedowns in the bed. I don't lock down the bin between the tires, but it doesn't have much of value, some oil, gloves and a snatch cable. No problems so far, but I don't leave it in bad areas.

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for mine I secure the rack, tires, and gas can with a coated cable that I padlock to the two tiedowns in the bed. I don't lock down the bin between the tires, but it doesn't have much of value, some oil, gloves and a snatch cable. No problems so far, but I don't leave it in bad areas.

Fairly similar to my idea, think I may see if once the rack is bolted down their is enough room in the top of threaded bolts welded to the bed bots to put a padlock though by drilling a hole in the top.