Car seat thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xil3dsmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I know there comes time when you have to take your little one/ones with you. Where do you put the car seat? Driver side, passenger side or in the middle? I have to put her in the middle so I can reach her cause the screw is so roomy. Anything special you have installed in the back for your little one? Let's see some pics of your raptor with car seats! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 268
OP
OP
X

Xil3dsmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one with cage around it and build in diaper changer with the light bar across the top?? And with cool beer design and hairy chest men? I was looking at one! Lol

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Recaro on behind the driver seat for my 3YO and a carrier base for my 9MO on the passenger side. I have had people sit in the middle on short trips.

I got a couple mats, don't remember the brand, the cover some of the cushion and back, it has 3 mesh pockets that hang down in the front to put stuff in.

One thing you might want to consider...

Take your jack out from under the seats, if you get a flat and need to change the tire, you will need to take your child seat out of the car to reach the thumb screws for the jack. There is one screw under the 40 and one under the 60... so no matter where your child seat is, you will need to take it out. I don't like the idea of having to take my kids and cars seats out of the truck on the side of the road to change a flat.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driver side for me. Not going around the truck to get or let the kid out. Easier to get out and open the door for him as child locks are on. My youngest is 4 now. If I had an infant it would be in the middle so I could keep an eye on it through the rear view mirror.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I had one, he was in the 40 so I had the most floor space, but with two, I put the youngest on the passenger side and oldest on the drivers side. I did this because I can keep all the cars / car seats the same. In the other two vehicles, the rearward facing child seat makes you move the front seat way up.

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The middle is the correct location if you only have one child (think side impact accident). My two year old rides pretty comfy in a Evenflo symphony I think is what its called. Being my first and most likely only child we looked at many seats this one provided the comfort and safety that I preferred, it also rides high so he gets to easily see out the front window. Only problem I see with this seat is that its FN huge we bought a smaller one for the commuter car and swap the evenflo between the trucks and suv. We are about to swap to toddler seats because my son is a beast and has outgrown these already. Now this is just my opinion but when I see someone with one child and they don't put the seat in the middle I think what a lazy SOB, yes it would be awesome to not lean in and spend the extra few seconds it takes to get him in the middle but I could not live with myself if something happened to him and I didn't do everything in my power to keep him safe. Now i'm sure my parents didn't even use car seats and I made it to adulthood fine but if there is something I can do to keep him safer while in a vehicle you can bet ur *** It will be done.

Last edited: