capless easy fill tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, waiting on my Raptor delivery hopefully by Friday (right Randy?), has anyone had/have a solution to locking the "capless" gas cap?

Not for fuel theft, but just some jerk walking by and putting some crap in it.

If you haven't thought about it yet, you are now... lol:roflsquared:

Anyone?

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
No, it has to be the exact size, it pushes little things on the side of the intake in and unlock the flap, a finger wont work either since there is more than one button.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
No, it has to be the exact size, it pushes little things on the side of the intake in and unlock the flap, a finger wont work either since there is more than one button.

I have, like, at least 10 fingers :roflsquared:

Actually I didn't know that. That's pretty cool. Ford FTW

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
So, waiting on my Raptor delivery hopefully by Friday (right Randy?), has anyone had/have a solution to locking the "capless" gas cap?

Not for fuel theft, but just some jerk walking by and putting some crap in it.

If you haven't thought about it yet, you are now... lol:roflsquared:

Anyone?

Unless you live somewhere where that kind of thing is a real problem (at which point my suggestion would be that instead of buying a $50K truck, you spend the money to move to a better part of town) I would not worry about it. It's probably easier to put crap in a tank with a regular cap than in the EZ fill.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Unless you live somewhere where that kind of thing is a real problem (at which point my suggestion would be that instead of buying a $50K truck, you spend the money to move to a better part of town) I would not worry about it. It's probably easier to put crap in a tank with a regular cap than in the EZ fill.

Dunno, I mean I managed to get 37 Jolly Ranchers and a Dora the Explorer pencil in yours.

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
Dunno, I mean I managed to get 37 Jolly Ranchers and a Dora the Explorer pencil in yours.

And now I get 22 mpg and run 9 second ET's. Turns out, Raptors love candy. Who knew?

And regarding the Dora the Explorer reference, can anyone figure out where she's exploring in this picture?

Attachments

• Dora Pencil.jpg
    Dora Pencil.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

justthebest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha so nobody's read the manual where it clearly states that the funnel hanging off your jack package easily opens the ez fill door? I've also put in fuel system cleaner / octane booster super easily. So go buy a locking gas cap. Do it.