Cant take my eyes off gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy hell! Did I make a mistake not jumping on gen 1. There's a 14 with 22k miles at my local carmax. Should I get it and watch the mayhem of gen 2 launch from the sidelines or just wait till spring 17 to order? When do you guys think if at all a v8 will be announced?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W3cKXKF_VP0

Oh yeah, I dunno why but I'm getting obsessed with window cleaning and care. That 3m film is so trick. I like the idea of driving with no sunglasses required. Full 3m crystalline all around, the vampire special no uv bud!

Last edited:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
uh yeah for 50 large I would get the new one, and no a v8 it is not in its immediate future.

OP
OP
S

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the hp/tq rumors are true I kinda agree. 450/500 makes me forget all about v8 worries.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the hp/tq rumors are true I kinda agree. 450/500 makes me forget all about v8 worries.

yeah but the sound and the torque of the 6.2 liter doesn't. I am not an eco BOOT fan even with its twin turbos and fancy 10 speed Schwinn transmission.

The Raptor was always meant to be a smoke snorting beast, if I want more power then a Supercharger can do more than a v6 Twin Turbo ever could.

OP
OP
S

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through a supercharged v8 phase but too many horror stories about the roush raptors/f150's takin a dump right outside the warranty. something with power and a factory warranty sounds way better than v8 exhaust. Plus I live in Cali so yeah I'll take the ecoboost.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the raptor has been out since '10. you've waited this long way not wait it out a little longer. wish I could afford to order one but for now I will just enjoy my '14 I have