Buy raptor or go to college?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Join the Army (I did). You are young. Buy your raptor when you finish basic training and AIT as a gift to yourself for "sacking up."

Then, GI-bill for school. Military experience for the work force. Raptor for fun.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm stuck with two options. I've saved enough money through the mining industry to either attend college or buy a raptor. If i go to college though I won't be able to afford a raptor until im 25-26. If I buy a raptor I wont be able to attend college until im 22ish and im 20 now.

Need some advice from older members who may have been in a similar situation at my age. ford raptor over college? or college over raptor. I feel like either way I may be regretting my decision.
Depends...what are you getting your degree in? Not all college is worth the time, much less the money. Do research on top paying jobs overall and top paying jobs out of 4-yr college. Hint: think engineering and computer science. Of course, medical profession is also up there, but so are the work hours and we're talking well beyond a 4-yr school. As someone else already said, military is a good choice, but consider getting the degree first and getting a commission for what amounts to a well-paid internship. Then get a Master's using tuition assistance (its NOT the GI Bill and is totally free while in the military). Complete 4-8 years and come out earning in the 6 figures (if you can't come out hitting 6-figs, don't come out). Again, this is assuming you do something like a computer science or engineering degree. Did you notice I never mentioned the Raptor? Good; then you are well on you way to being highly successful.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This question is one that only you can answer , there are so many ways you could go and alike opinions you will get . Life choices are hard to make and it is your life and your memories to make with your decisions.

My opinion is you have one life live it no matter things will always work out . Now a days people make the same money with a college degree or a H.S. diploma , there are jobs for anyone whom is willing to work and if someone shows they have skill ,motivation and good attitude they will get a job no matter of education . Personally I have many toys Mustangs ,Raptor ,a house on the water , boat ,kids ,wife and travel and have a High school diploma and I make more then most people I know not that I'm bragging it is life and choices that I made along the way . I wouldn't change a thing I have done but I regret some of my choices along the way ( because we all **** up at some point lol) . Make yourself happy enjoy your life because its yours and you have only one shot . Good luck in your choice .