Burn out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, even while babying it for the first few hundred miles I've noticed that the tires are pretty easy to break loose. I'm not sure if the brakes will dramatically change that but the power is definitely there...

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its I think a brake over ride but they just can't do the stuff a 2010 can. Even if the trac flashes, its still not 100% off. Try to do even a mild doughnut in a 2011 in the sand/dirt. It will do it just very very slow with little power
I had the OPPOSITE experience... For a photoshoot I was spinning two 2011's around no problem in the dirt, spinning tires like crazy. I jumped in a '10, used the same traction disable sequence, and it wouldn't let me get NEARLY as loose, shutting power down constantly.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Here are a few demo videos I did to explain the traction woes:

Ford Raptor - Accelerator Brake Override - YouTube

Ford Raptor Power Brake Burnout (2011) - YouTube

A wheel-spinning constant drift:

Raptor Drift @ Lake Cuddyback - YouTube

With traction disabled properly you can do burnouts and donuts all day... The only time I've seen it take over, is spinning in soft sand, for some reason it acts stupid and does random stuff.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't plan on shredding too many miles off my tires with my Raptor, but every now and then for a photo opportunity I can't help it.

Nothing more badazz than a truck with plumes of smoke coming out the wheel wells. The raptor looks badazz in the air, but I'm sure it'll look cool with some smokey burnout shots too lol

Attachments

• BashBurnout01c.jpg
    BashBurnout01c.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 129
  • BashBurnout02c.jpg
    BashBurnout02c.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 113
  • BashBurnout03c.jpg
    BashBurnout03c.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 103
OP
OP
G

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, cant do it. It shuts off the power. I'm hoping Lund Racing can fix it.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was talking to a guy that did some testing on the Raptors. I was complaining that when I would go into a turn and left foot brake with the gas the revs would drop and engine would bog down. He told me there is a brake throttle override on the truck to prevent a Toyota from happening. He did state it came in on 11 MY trucks. Could not confirm if offroad mode or disabling TC would limit / eliminate the override. May be someone else can confirm / deny statement above.

I would guess the key is to get the tires going and off the brake as quick as possible and you might have a chance.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was talking to a guy that did some testing on the Raptors. I was complaining that when I would go into a turn and left foot brake with the gas the revs would drop and engine would bog down. He told me there is a brake throttle override on the truck to prevent a Toyota from happening. He did state it came in on 11 MY trucks. Could not confirm if offroad mode or disabling TC would limit / eliminate the override. May be someone else can confirm / deny statement above.

I would guess the key is to get the tires going and off the brake as quick as possible and you might have a chance.
Does anybody READ these threads? I posted multiple videos above, one specifically addressing the brake override! :)

Mictian

Reaction score
Like BlueSTI, I have no issues performing donuts or spinning the tires in dirt or sand with traction control "off" in my 2011 SCrew. Doesn't matter if I'm in off road mode or not.

With Traction control "on", it feels like I'm running on 4 cylinders when I gun it or the "clutch" is slipping.

I have yet to attempt to "smoke" the tires on asphalt. But then again, that's what rental cars are for!!!

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, cant do it. It shuts off the power. I'm hoping Lund Racing can fix it.

I have the same issue. I've tried ALL scenerios and can't make it happen. Motor just dogs down.

I'm glad it's snowing today. I can do it today because of snow and ice on the road...just no smoke billowing out the back :crazy:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody READ these threads? I posted multiple videos above, one specifically addressing the brake override! :)

Vids don't work when I am at work and I thought I would share some information I got from an "inside source"