Bump Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam Ratatat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there are other threads that address this but I am unable to search them due to computer firewalls. Is the bump stop necessary for a 2010 SCAB? I do half off road half highway in Southern California and will have some mountain snow driving coming up soon. If it is necessary which ones do you all recommend?

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there are other threads that address this but I am unable to search them due to computer firewalls. Is the bump stop necessary for a 2010 SCAB? I do half off road half highway in Southern California and will have some mountain snow driving coming up soon. If it is necessary which ones do you all recommend?
Here is the very simple task of finding the info you seek. No Firewall to worry about.
GO TO...... "GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums"
SCROLL DOWN TO ...... Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor
And read.
You are going to need to learn more than just about " Bump Stop"

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Thank Raven, much appreciated. I will start shopping for it now.
I'm not bad mouthing Raven by any means.
BUT! Why did Raven chose that particular " Bump Stop" ?!!!
WHAT other component is he using on his suspension?!!!!
Why not do a little bit of research before breaking out the credit card on the first suggestion?

OP
OP
Adam Ratatat

Adam Ratatat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started researching last week and have been looking through different options. I am not necessarily going with the first suggestion but knowing the previous issues and seeing others who have more knowledge than I do is what I was looking for.

I looked for the previous thread as well and didn't find it. Appreciate the info and I will continue researching to see what will work best for the truck.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I was vague I'm sorry, the question was if a bumpstop was necessary and I think it is for off-roading, especially the early models before Ford reinforced the frame. I recommended two and figured the op would research them and decide which is best for them. I am always happy to share the reason I chose one over the other or talk about the mods I've made. I've learned so much from this forum, especially from the og's, they laid out the blueprint for the rest of us, all we have to do is decide which brand we want!! Anyways I'm happy to answer any questions anytime! TJ

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

@Adam Ratatat

We sell several brands of the bump stop kits. RPG, ICON, Rogue, ADD to name a few. We do not sell the SVC one. If you are going to be off-roading and know the rear is going to get bounced around then I would highly recommend a bump stop. The factory has one but it just works off the block under the leaf and a rubber foam mounted to the frame. When you hit it, it can be somewhat jarring and with a 2010, hit it too hard it has the possibility to bend the frame.

A bump stop kit extends further from the frame and has pad that attaches somewhere to rest on the axle. Some bump stop kits will have a bar to each side to help. Once your rear hits the bump stop, the shock will slow the force in a lot better fashion than slamming into a rubber foam on the frame. It will make the ride better when the rear is moving and protect your frame from potential damage.

If you would like to know more and or a quote on some options, please feel free to message me here. Or you can email me at [email protected]

OP
OP
Adam Ratatat

Adam Ratatat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rick,
Thank you very much for the info. I for sure will be looking into some more items for the truck to include bump stops and will contact you for sure with questions and quotes. I appreciate the help!!

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Rick,
Thank you very much for the info. I for sure will be looking into some more items for the truck to include bump stops and will contact you for sure with questions and quotes. I appreciate the help!!

After you get that Bump Stop installed come out on a run or two with ROC :)

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam, tell us a little bit about your truck.
How many miles on your truck?
Are you sitting on mid perch?
What is the condition of your shocks? Any leaks or rust?