GEN 1 BuiltRight Industries (feedback)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to give a shout-out to BuiltRight Industries. The precision and tolerances they adhere to when making their products is outstanding.

I recently purchased their Seat Release Kit and Bedside Rack System. Both items fit as if they were custom made to fit my truck.

Their customer service is exceptional. They are very quick at responding to questions and are super friendly doing so.

I reached out to Matt Beenen at BuiltRight to see if I could get my Bedside Rack System pre-order shipment expedited since I had a desert run this past weekend. He said he couldn't get my my order quicker (they were still putting together the pre-order packages) but he did have the rear panels they used as prototypes that he would let me borrow until my shipment came in. I thought that was super cool. They arrived in time for me to get them installed and mount some rotopax cans and a fire extinguisher.

BuiltRight does business the way I would hope to do business if I had one. I have been so impressed with my experience that I needed to share. Below are some pics of the bedside racks after the desert trip (they worked great!)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

sirbentleybleu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the same experience with BuiltRight Industries. After the bedside rack system and dash mount I ordered 2 pairs of clamps/risers and the rear seat latch kit. I don't even know why I need to release the rear seat latch, but it was a sure way to get another jawbreaker.

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those your clamps or the ones they provide for extra?

I used the clamps that originally came with my cover. I have an Undercover Flex and the clamps that mount to that bed cover are different than the ones that BuiltRight sells. I plan to buy some more clamps from Undercover
soon.

The ones that built right sells are more of the flat versions, the Undercover ones I have are the hook (question mark looking) ones.

D

Deleted member 12951

I used the clamps that originally came with my cover. I have an Undercover Flex and the clamps that mount to that bed cover are different than the ones that BuiltRight sells. I plan to buy some more clamps from Undercover

soon.

The ones that built right sells are more of the flat versions, the Undercover ones I have are the hook (question mark looking) ones.

I like how yours set back over the flat versions for this application

BuiltRight

Reaction score
Thanks, Mike! Glad they worked out well for you and we greatly appreciate you posting your findings!

Matt

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick follow-up on this thread... I just took the truck out to the ROC Mint 400 run. I got the truck airborne a few times and the amount of weight 3 filled rotopax put on the rack while jumping the truck was too much.

When I get the actual production racks, I will either build a support to go under the rotopax or place the mount lower so the rotopax are supported by the bed.

I just wanted to let people know so if they mimic my setup, they don't mount 3 rotopax together (which is not recommended by rotopax in the first place) or they place a support under the rotopax. I'll try to post pics when I am setup again.

BuiltRight

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming back in with that, Mike. I was actually surprised to hear that the three stacked packs didn't cause the clamps to slip, so this makes plenty of sense. I appreciate you torture testing these! I've thought about making a very simple straight bracket that you could use to 'prop' up the bottom corners of the panels, if you're looking for carry a large amount of weight. I hadn't run into the need when I tested them, but also wasn't jumping the truck with 40lbs+ on the rack.

Cheers, Matt