Building a new house, need garage size confirmation please! 22'8" enough?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pgnee

Reaction score
I'm only worried about depth. Currently we have it mapped out for 22'8" of depth (not including garage door fixings) and I just want to be sure I'll be able to park it in the garage year round. I've already increased the depth once on the plans but I just would like some reassurance!

2013 SCREW Raptor

Garage specs - 23'8" wide with 16'3" wide 8' tall door. 22'8" depth. My only concern is regarding the depth of the garage!

Thanks everyone for any assistance! Also - been lurking here for years and love the forums, hopefully I'll have some money to mod my truck after building this house!

Napp E Roots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is 21.5 feet deep and my scab fits but it's tight. Can't just pull in quick and jump out. I get nervous the door is gonna close on my bumper you should be fine but it'll be snug

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Pgnee!

Assuming that 22'-8" depth is the inside dimension, you should be fine.

Here is a pic of my truck (SCREW) about 10 inches away from the inside of the garage door.

20160926_204015.jpg

And this pic shows the bend of the tape measure at about 22'-8" from the inside of the garage door, leaving about 2 feet in front of the truck.

20160926_203903.jpg

But if you can, adding another foot would give you a better walking aisle in front of the truck.

-Dan

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
35ftx20ft. perfect garage size. allows you to keep a good sized toolbox and to work with the doors open and walk all the way around the vehicle

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

since you are building it rather than buying it, might as well make it so its convienent for you

OP
OP
P

Pgnee

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Pgnee!

Assuming that 22'-8" depth is the inside dimension, you should be fine.

Here is a pic of my truck (SCREW) about 10 inches away from the inside of the garage door.

And this pic shows the bend of the tape measure at about 22'-8" from the inside of the garage door, leaving about 2 feet in front of the truck.

But if you can, adding another foot would give you a better walking aisle in front of the truck.

-Dan

Dan, can't thank you enough for this!

I'd like an extra foot, but given that it changes everything within the house too, it isn't cost-wise (changes two other floors of elevation including front facade, and our "bonus room) as it adds building materials, concrete costs, etc....

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We just finished our custom home and built the garage to be 26' deep so no problems and lots of space. We also did 8' tall garage doors instead of the typical 7' for more clearance.