Broken front Driveshaft (3rd time!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey AUH1, we are about two weeks out from having an upgraded set of axles and hubs available.

If you would like to follow the progress, you can do so here.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/coming-soon-wavetrac-diff-install-torsen-diff-retrofit-12503/

Good luck.

Chris

Thanks Chris will follow that thread closely as I'm very interested in the upgrade.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I would love to see pictures of the broken parts to have a chance to ascertain if there are any stress risers in the area of failure.
Also check your steering bump stops; is there a bending force exerted on the axel at full lock?

Ford actually ask them already to inspect the entire front end of the car and measure all the components and the dealer confirmed every thing looked fine.

Lemon law have them buy it back and give u s new 2012 since its a 3rd similar occasion

I wish that applies here. I'm actually lucky they replaced it three times under warranty. Most other dealers would tell me it was due to off-loading (even though this truck is built for that!)

Discoe_Raptor

Reaction score
My front CV axel broke off, damaging my exhaust which burned through the floor of my truck frying the engine wire harness. This left my truck without electronics and unable to start. The CV breaking off obviously caused the exhaust damage as the damage is directly behind the broken axel.

Many people are claiming the CV is under warranty - however Ford is telling me it is not. Can anyone share who has had their CV axel covered under warranty?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP you broke a CV shaft joint, not a driveshaft.
also i dont buy that it broke while spinning slowly, but thats just me.

also, just for peoples information. i would way rather replace a cv shaft, than a broken differential.

strengthening one area will show a weakness in another...

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP you broke a CV shaft joint, not a driveshaft.
also i dont buy that it broke while spinning slowly, but thats just me.

also, just for peoples information. i would way rather replace a cv shaft, than a broken differential.

strengthening one area will show a weakness in another...

Good logic, but these CVs are a joke. I broke one slowly pulling a Montero out of sand where he was lightly stuck. No wheel spin, extremely little gas, just PING!! Done deal.

In addition to the others I have broken.