Brakes and Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abstorm929

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on aftermarket Brakes and Rotors for my 2014 Raptor.

About 6 months ago i replaced the front rotors and pads with some heavier duty ones from AutoZone, but after a long road trip which was mostly in the rain, im getting a heavy wobble/vibration when i brake hard. I'm thinking the rain may have warped the rotors, and annoyingly now need to be replaced again.

Anyone have any advice on better aftermarket parts to use that I can avoid having to replace again for at least another 30k miles?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
search....

R1 concepts pads and rotors from one of the forum supporting vendors is what most people, including myself run.. stay away from autozone please.

leading cause of warped rotors is a rusty hub mating surface, coupled with inproperly torqued lugs... or cheap autozone rotors...

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Looking for recommendations on aftermarket Brakes and Rotors for my 2014 Raptor.

About 6 months ago i replaced the front rotors and pads with some heavier duty ones from AutoZone, but after a long road trip which was mostly in the rain, im getting a heavy wobble/vibration when i brake hard. I'm thinking the rain may have warped the rotors, and annoyingly now need to be replaced again.

Anyone have any advice on better aftermarket parts to use that I can avoid having to replace again for at least another 30k miles?

Freedom Motorsports here!
Send me a PM and I can get you taken care with a set of R1 Concepts slotted/drilled rotors and Posi-Quiet pads. These last and you will not be disappointed. We always recommend replacing all 4.

tec548

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed mine out with these about 9 months ago. Rock Auto $425 for the front and rear slotted/drilled rotor and pad sets.

POWER STOP K626836 Z36 Severe-Duty Truck & Tow Click Info for full list of components. Info
FitsFront and Rear; Lariat; XLT Model; 6 Lug Wheel
OrFront and Rear; FX2 Model; FX4 Model; Platinum; SVT Raptor

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Centric or Raybestos top of the line stuff always works for me. No need to get fancy with it.

I'd bet you do not have warped rotors. Chances are way higher that it's uneven pad deposits on the rotor causing the pulsing feel in the brakes. Sometimes driving (braking) it like you stole it can re-melt those uneven deposits and smooth things out.

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed mine out with these about 9 months ago. Rock Auto $425 for the front and rear slotted/drilled rotor and pad sets.

POWER STOP K626836 Z36 Severe-Duty Truck & Tow Click Info for full list of components. Info
FitsFront and Rear; Lariat; XLT Model; 6 Lug Wheel
OrFront and Rear; FX2 Model; FX4 Model; Platinum; SVT Raptor

How you liking those Powerstops?

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freedom Motorsports here!
Send me a PM and I can get you taken care with a set of R1 Concepts slotted/drilled rotors and Posi-Quiet pads. These last and you will not be disappointed. We always recommend replacing all 4.

I know I am to late but for the next person reading this maybe it will help them.
the R1 rotors are good. I have used them on some big HP cars and just used them on a 1962 impala that weights as much as 7 Raptors lol and has 756 RWHP. a few other more normal cars also. I will be getting this set up from Freedom when the Raptor need rotors also.
R1 customer service is good and bad. bad as in the one time I had a problem he just didn't understand I wanted 4 front rotors but in his defence he sent out the product lighting fast and he got it right on the third attempt, lol what I liked is he didn't look for excuses he just was willing to do anything to make me happy. it just took him awhile to figure it out. but what I was doing was very un normal. I am running front calipers and rotors off a C5 Zo6 on my impala so he kept sending the smaller back rotors not understanding I had fronts on all 4 corners (they are bigger that's why)

Im guessing with Freedom if their is a problem the terminology and same part over and over the issues if any will be fixed easy and I know R1 will do anything to make it right. that's just my lil story hope it helps someone else.