brake rotor/pad combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the most aggressive pad compound/rotor combo without going to a bbk? does anyone know if race compounds are available for our pad style?

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with R1 concepts rotors, new pads and steel lines and Love them.

Cheaper than EbC and same performance, No need to over spend.

Last edited:

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with R1 concepts rotors, new pads and steel lines and Love them.

Cheaper than EbC and same performance, No need to over spend.

I also went with R1 concepts pads and rotors. Big change over stock and affordable.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What changes did you guys notice ? Are they thicker rotors to help eliminate warping ?

Thanks

The biggest changes I noticed were the increased braking capability and lack of fade during hard driving. As far as weight and size they are comparable but the materials and the fact that the R1 rotors are drilled and slotted are the big differences. As far as warping, I have driven my truck pretty hard and never had an issue. Again the drilling and slotting helps with heat disipation. Chris @freedommotorsports may be able to speak more about the technical side.

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 81

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the most aggressive pad compound/rotor combo without going to a bbk? does anyone know if race compounds are available for our pad style?

I used Carbotech auto cross compound and they worked almost too well. Ton of brake dust and chewed through the stock rotors really fast! They were not worth it. The brakes would lock up really easy in the rain too.

Last edited: