Brake bleeder sizes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to add speed bleeders does anyone know what size the front&back are?

Thanks Bill

Are you looking for the wrench size you need to loosen the bleeder valve or are you looking for the diameter and thread count for the bleeder valves?

Here are links to the front and rear stock bleeder screws to assist you in your search for the sizing. My scan on part numbers didn't turn up any thread count or diameter dimensions though.

I just helped a friend put in new pads and rotors last weekend and noticed that the the rears required an 11mm wrench and the fronts didn't use a metric sized wrench (we ended up using a crescent wrench since I left my standard set at home). I thought this was weird though, and am not sure that is actually a stock setup. Maybe someone else here can confirm.

I had never heard of speed bleeders before this thread, seems like a cool idea. When looking on the Russel Performance site they don't really list our trucks in their list. Looking at other sites seems to support the idea that Russell doesn't make speed bleeders for our trucks (more a motorcycle specific application for 2010+ vehicles).

I know cost is probably one of the reasons to go with the speed bleeders but if you wanted to consider another (more costly) option, I had really good luck using the Schwaben 3L Pressure Brake Bleeder with the universal adapter kit.

So I guess I gave you a lot of info you didn't ask for, and didn't give you specifically what you did ask for, so sorry about that. Hope something here helps though!

OP
OP
Camperguy

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking for the thread size. I used them on all my motorcycles in the past and it takes at least half the time off of the bleeding process. I did have a guy tell me the ignition had to be on so the new fluid could clean out the abs valves and pump circiuts. Sounds reasonable but first time I heard of it. I do have a vacuum bleeder but never really trusted it, because I would get bubbles no matter how long I bleed it for.

Thanks Bill

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im looking for the thread size. I used them on all my motorcycles in the past and it takes at least half the time off of the bleeding process. I did have a guy tell me the ignition had to be on so the new fluid could clean out the abs valves and pump circiuts. Sounds reasonable but first time I heard of it. I do have a vacuum bleeder but never really trusted it, because I would get bubbles no matter how long I bleed it for.

Thanks Bill

Did you find the right ones? I just installed mine this weekend and was doing a quick search before posting a "how-to" thread...the fronts are 639590, rears are 639560.

OP
OP
Camperguy

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you find the right ones? I just installed mine this weekend and was doing a quick search before posting a "how-to" thread...the fronts are 639590, rears are 639560.

Thanks Ben!

What brand did you get? did they come with new rubber caps.

Bill

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ben!

What brand did you get? did they come with new rubber caps.

Bill

Russell brand, best price I found was ebay $12.99 a pair delivered:
Russell 639590 Speed Bleeder 3/8-24 Thread 1 1/4" Overall Length 2 pcs | eBay
Russell 639560 Speed Bleeder 10 mm x 1.0 mm Thread 35 mm Overall Length 2 pcs
Yes they have little caps like the ebay pics show, although I re-used the stock ones since I had all four and they were in good shape. I have an old Mityvac also and these things put it to shame, they are awesome! Funny reading the reviews on amazon they call 'em "marriage savers"...no more asking the wife to pump the brakes :derp:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny reading the reviews on amazon they call 'em "marriage savers"...no more asking the wife to pump the brakes

My wife knows that's one of the main reasons I married her, so no excuses- get yer ass in there and pump up the pedal. Haven't had to use my power bleeder in a decade now.