Bought My Son Another Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z7What

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into doing an ESC kit on the powerwheels. That will get rid of the no variable throttle. They make DIY Kits as well as plug and play kits

I have seen those and would really like to do it but the cost of that added with the cost of the new wheels and tires along with making the adaptors not only is more than I want to spend on that. Regardless I'd like to do the variable speed controller, after some more looking, I don't think it would fix the bounce issue.

If you look at this pic where the curser is you can see a huge gap between the tread. I think this is causing the bounce.

C463DC14-2727-4C88-A28D-67662003E029.jpg

I have a idea that I think would fill in the gap without creating to much traction because I would get them the same height as the tread to avoid gearbox issues. My idea is to get screw in rubber feet and screw them between the treads to fill in the huge gap. The only issue is that it's only a theory and it's a $80 gamble

FCF10B9C-183F-4C2F-93B4-7846BFBBED68.jpg

I'm not really sure what to do, I may call Power Wheels tomorrow and talk to them about this issue. I can't be the only one to have this issue. I spoke to a friend that has the F150 Extreme which has a similar tire but not the same and he said that if you put it on the higher speed it helps with the bounce but my 2.5yr old has driven it 3 times for a total of 20-30mins and I don't think he is ready for double the speed!

Wayne

Last edited:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe try something like duct seal putty or clay in those spots as a test. Would give you a wear marker where the ground is touching and if you built it up enough might even be enough to see if the vibration starts to diminish.

OP
OP
Z7What

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe try something like duct seal putty or clay in those spots as a test. Would give you a wear marker where the ground is touching and if you built it up enough might even be enough to see if the vibration starts to diminish.

This gives me an idea, off to go google some things! Thanks

Wayne

EDIT:
I tried two different ideas the other day. The first one i put some thin plastic over the area and mixed some epoxy putty up and put in the location and let dry. The second was i took some thin foam sheeting my wife had and cut little squares and stacked them on top each other. Well foam just gave to much so it didnt help much at all. The epoxy on the other hand worked flawlessly. But of course there is always a side effect. The epoxy is white, not sure how well it would stick to the plastic while getting beat up on the cement and the fact that its going to take forever to fill in the 16 spots on each of the 4 wheels.

Another idea i had was to buy this Pack Of 10 Pieces Delrin - Acetal Plastic Rod 1/2" OD x 12" L - Black Free Ship and head over to my dads house and use his lathe to machine down 128 spacers to look somewhat like the rubber feet i mentioned above. This would take forever but i think its a better option than the rubber feet because it wouldnt provide more more traction like the rubber feet would. You would think more traction would be better but the problem is that the throttle is basically a on off switch so when the gas is pressed the motors get full power. The hard plastic tires spin and doesnt put much force on the gears in the gear box. Having to much traction puts to much strain on the gearboxs and leads them to be destroyed.

Has any one ever heard of this Delrin material? I never have so i dont know much about it. It seams like its used to make bushings so it should be a perfect material for this job.

Just wish there was a easier fix:mad:

Wayne

Last edited:

azoufan

Reaction score
Ok I'm so confused. I was all over this when you first posted your first build thread, and tried to buy one to do something similar, but they don't make them anymore. I chalked it up to being too late to the party. Then you just bought another one? Where pray tell did you buy this? I really want to buy one and modify it a bit as well but can't find them anywhere. I looked on Amazon as you indicated as well and can only find F150's, no Raptors. Appreciate any help you can provide!

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm so confused. I was all over this when you first posted your first build thread, and tried to buy one to do something similar, but they don't make them anymore. I chalked it up to being too late to the party. Then you just bought another one? Where pray tell did you buy this? I really want to buy one and modify it a bit as well but can't find them anywhere. I looked on Amazon as you indicated as well and can only find F150's, no Raptors. Appreciate any help you can provide!

You are correct on these being no longer available. Keep your eyes out on eBay and Craigslist or post up a want to buy within the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Z7What

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Step2 Raptor Wagon or the PowerWheels Raptor?

If the Step2 Raptor Wagon here is the link to it on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYUFWNO/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

If you were referring to the PowerWheels Raptor then i hate to inform you that i dont think they are made anymore. When i bought this one i didnt know that they didnt make them any more. If i would have i may not have gotten it due to the lack of parts for it if anything was to break. I just randomly found it at Walmart on 11-19-2016 it was the only one they had and it was on clearance for $329 marked down from $389. You could tell it had been there a long time cause the picture on the box was some what faded. To my surprise everthing in the box still looked new and it had all the parts.

A quick search on eBay i found this one. Fisher-Price Power Wheels Blue Ford F150 Raptor, Good Condition, Extra Batteries | eBay

Im not sure where your located but this one is in TX. Not sure if the pictures make it look faded or if its actually faded. You could always paint it but the problem with that is that you cant get the sticker sheets anymore. If i had known this, before i applied them i would have brought them to work to scan them so if i ever needed any i could bring the images to a local tint shop and get them printed. I bet i could sell the shit out of them too.

Maybe get the regular F-150 and have some decals made to make it into a Raptor. The only thing you would need to do is make the FORD letters for the grill attach and then paint.

so freakin awesome!!!
Thanks, its been a awesome project to build.

You are correct on these being no longer available. Keep your eyes out on eBay and Craigslist or post up a want to buy within the forum.
I had no clue when i bought it that they werent made anymore. Ill keep my eyes open for yall and let yall know if i kind anything. I just spent damn near a hour looking for one and only found a used one that i linked above.

Wayne

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Tuesday i ended up emailing Power Wheels to tell them how disappointed i was with the way it bounced and shook on cement. I received a call from them yesterday afternoon saying they are going to seen me 4 brand new tires and the retaining clips 2nd day air. I asked if they redesigned the tires and the lady couldnt confirm or deny if they did or not but stated that there must be something with the ones i have because it shouldnt be that bouncy. Regardless im happy they are doing this even if they are the same tires because once i modify the tires if it doesnt work out the way im hoping or if i screw something up ill have a new set of tires to put on the truck.

Wayne

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z7What

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f41/fisher-price-ford-raptor-51143/

Wayne