Bought My Son Another Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z7What

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just remembering i never installed the bed decals and cant really decide if i want to or not.

Wayne

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really cool, incredible attention to detail too. Bet it was a fun project. Man, Power Wheels have come a long way. When my son was 3 (he's 34 now), I bought him a Big Foot power wheels. It was cool then, but this one is over the top! great job!

OP
OP
Z7What

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words fellas!

Its been really fun building the truck. Yesterday we gave it to him and he loves it. I on the other hand am not very happy about it. The truck rides like absolute crap. The lugs on the tires although they look cool they cause a horrible bounce/shake in the truck even on smooth cement. It shakes so much the tailgate rattles. Im in the process of reasearching what i can do to fit this, just hope i can come up with something that doesnt create another issue.

Wayne

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words fellas!

Its been really fun building the truck. Yesterday we gave it to him and he loves it. I on the other hand am not very happy about it. The truck rides like absolute crap. The lugs on the tires although they look cool they cause a horrible bounce/shake in the truck even on smooth cement. It shakes so much the tailgate rattles. Im in the process of reasearching what i can do to fit this, just hope i can come up with something that doesnt create another issue.

Wayne
Get some small inflatable wheels and tires for it.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

OP
OP
Z7What

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some small inflatable wheels and tires for it.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE) | Run Raptor Run
( * Y * )

Well the idea is great but based off of the power wheel forums it causes other issues. First is because the throttle is all or nothing(NOT variable speed) adding rubber tires to the vehicle adds to much traction and when the throttle is pressed the grip from the tires doesnt allow them to spin and loads the gears in the gear box with alot of force and is know to destroy the gear boxes. This is the same issue with second problem, the vehicle doesnt have a seperate brake pedal, so when you let off the gas pedal the motors stop and the added grip from rubber tires wants to keep the tires spinning which puts alot of load on the gearboxes and destorys them as well.

All Power Wheels would need to do is put some sort of variable speed controller on the truck so that you can accelerate slowly which would put alot less load on the gears. They could also put some sort of slipper clutch like R/C cars have but noooo.

The 3rd issue is, well the appearance of the handtruck, wheelbarrel wheels. You also have to fab up your only "hubs" to make them fit.

Now there are people that have soft starts and or electronic speed controllers they have installed to help with these issues but thats even more money to spend lol.

Wayne