Block heater cord

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys. My 2014 has a block heater, and the cord with plug is sitting inside the front bumper. Given how cold it’s been in PA these last couple weeks, I would like to use it. However, I can’t seem to get the plug head through the hole in the bumper.

Is there a specific way to get it through?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Northern state and Canadian trucks get block heaters standard.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the square opening in the front of your bumper is where it is to be passed through.

Attachments

• Oem bump2.jpg
    Oem bump2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 56

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the square opening in the front of your bumper is where it is to be passed through.

Correct, through square opening. Here is picture of mine, use it all the time to keep coolant warm. The cut out area in the plastic grill to the left of the plug opening is for my CAI ram air scoop.
IMG_0219_LI.jpg

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys. My 2014 has a block heater, and the cord with plug is sitting inside the front bumper. Given how cold it’s been in PA these last couple weeks, I would like to use it. However, I can’t seem to get the plug head through the hole in the bumper.

Is there a specific way to get it through?

If it has protective cover over the plug, take the cover off and push the cover through the hole first, then the plug. Or, as I recall, the cable is two pieces and you can unplug the plug head end and then thread the cable through the hole and reconnect cables.

block heater2_LI.jpg

Last edited: