Blend actuator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ADeerChaser,
There's a couple of threads here on the actuator replacement. I'd suggest pulling out the glove box to access the back. After you take apart the console and center dash you can put your arm up through the glove box opening and looking through the opened center stack actually see the passenger side actuator if that is the one you need to replace..(this was the one I needed to replace).
Go to Tasca Ford; I believe the actuators are around $25. You can Youtube several videos on the actuator replacement. One shows the entire dash being removed; I followed another that just allowed access through the center stack. Take your time pulling things apart. I found a screw in the center console that was not present in the Youtube video...after I put a crack in one of the buried cross braces in the back of the center console...I glued it solid, and it was buried under the armrest; however the screw was upfront in the base on the passenger side. As I was lifting and pulling back I felt the cross brace give and I knew I was missing something...carefully going through everything I could not find any clips I had missed and was ready to just break it free when I found the screw...
Take your time. I spent several hours taking everything apart. Replacing the actuator and reassembling the center dash and center console took only about 45 min!

DHanni848 ,
I would think that having all 4 actuators go bad at once would be about as likely as getting 4 flats at once; more likely it is something else...
Good luck!

Eddie

Thanks for the info. I guess I did not explain it right. I was trying to say, here is a instance where the extended warranty pays off for folks who wonder weather to get or not. I have one to 100k, bumper to bumper. So, looking at the threads here, when not if the door goes bad- 100 bucks fixed by Ford.