Black is a bitch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sydneymines

Reaction score
:roflsquared:Canadian winters are cruel! Spent $50.00 so far this winter in wash bays, in fact 4 washed in 6 days and the truck still looks retarded! Before you buy black be forewarned the black raptor requires a lot of TLC! Be ready for extra washes for the life of your truck. When its clean, you flaunt the greatest look going! But how long does it last?:roflsquared:

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
The fact of black

:roflsquared:Canadian winters are cruel! Spent $50.00 so far this winter in wash bays, in fact 4 washed in 6 days and the truck still looks retarded! Before you buy black be forewarned the black raptor requires a lot of TLC! Be ready for extra washes for the life of your truck. When its clean, you flaunt the greatest look going! But how long does it last?:roflsquared:

I would never get a black vehicle for two reasons it shows all the dirt and gets super hot in the summer sun! White actually shows the dirt the least! My molten orange shows the dirt a lot more then my old white dodge but I love the color more then enough to wash it when ever it needs it.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
It's why I bought the silver .... too old ... too lazy to wash the dam thing. Silver hides road salt and other shi-cocca.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the white truck is cleaner than the black truck, you are doing something wrong with the white truck. My white F350 is currently covered in mud (exploring offroad today and almost got it stuck). Hoping the rain tomorrow will wash most of it off...LOL

On a serious note: I have a white F350 because it is my towing rig to the race tracks and races. Black is quite hot in the heat. Here is the only picture of my F350 I seem to have.

DSC_0182.jpg

Even my ranch bumpers and headache rack are white. The landscape is my playground in Terlingua. I wouldn't even consider a black vehicle in Texas, but here in TN, it is feasible with the colder climate.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score

Mine gets dirtier on the way home from the wash than when I took it in.
It just got above freezing the past couple days here - so time to haul out the pressure washer again...

OP
OP
S

sydneymines

Reaction score
calgary winters are the dirtiest !!!!!!!!I love black,I just forgot how much love they need!!!!The extra effort pays off,IN THE SUMMER,I would never even think of an other color,at my tender age of 38 I can handle the extra attention,BUT what happens when I turn 70?????/:baby:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
calgary winters are the dirtiest !!!!!!!!I love black,I just forgot how much love they need!!!!The extra effort pays off,IN THE SUMMER,I would never even think of an other color,at my tender age of 38 I can handle the extra attention,BUT what happens when I turn 70?????/:baby:

That's when you'll get a "TAN" Buick. haha You old fart.:hidesbehindsofa: j/k