Best way to fix rear bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
20170426_192625.jpg

when i bought my truck the rear bumper was slightly damaged like so. the plastic piece isnt conntected to the actual metal any more and when i drive it roughly it whips back and forth beating up the area under my tail gate.

im not sure the best path to take.. i was thinking of drillling holes through the plastic and metal and bolting it down but i dont really want a bunch of bolts all over my bumper. possibly a glue or adhesive. im not sure does anyone have a good product or idea to secure the plastic back to the bumper

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FordRaptorHero,
Where are you located? I'll have a rear bumper in a month or so. It's not perfect but together. I'm on the eastern end of LI, NY 11954.
Also the rear bumper is the same as the standard F-150's in Gen 1. You should easily be able to pick up the top cap at your local pick a part junkyard for pennies compared to the factory prices...
Eddie

mindgame100

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I applied some JB Weld as a temporary fix until the day I do a rear end swap with an after market bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_2410.jpg
    IMG_2410.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the pic,, but it looks like the end piece may be slighty bent out. if so, you can possibly straighten it enough with a block of wood and a hammer, Its really pretty flimsy.

If its not damaged, Before you go for a swap, check the bottom of the plastic cap. It has small hollow plastic tabs (about 1" X 3/8") that fit into grooves of the metal end caps. If they arent damaged, you can line them up and just pop them back into the bumper with a rubber mallet or your fist. If I recall if they are loose after you reinstall them, you can get under it when its back in and spread the tabs apart with a screw driver and put some silicone in the hollow parts of the tabs to hold them in. Leave something like an old screwdriver in each tab until the silicone sets up to hold hem spread out. You'll be able to pull the screw drivers out after it sets up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
AFter further inspection it seems that the whole metal peice is bent in a few inches on one side, Causing the bumper to hit the body of the truck when off roading stratching the shit out of the paint. Im interested in ur bumper ne ford we just need to find a way to make the transaction. How much does the bumper weigh and how much is it to ship?

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AFter further inspection it seems that the whole metal peice is bent in a few inches on one side, Causing the bumper to hit the body of the truck when off roading stratching the shit out of the paint. Im interested in ur bumper ne ford we just need to find a way to make the transaction. How much does the bumper weigh and how much is it to ship?

Ship via Greyhound it will be like $75-80 to ship for 5-7 day service. You drop off at local station and pick up at local station. I've shipped a few bumpers through them.

Schedule here for the best deal, you do it at the station you'll pay a lot more.

https://www.busfreighter.com/?gclid=CO-b5Kfux9MCFc5bfgodQboK6A

OP
OP
FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
Just looking for something functional, that will stop my paint from beating beat up and dented. If you have anything in the shop, used or what that ur trying to get rid of let me know.

Anyone got a rear bumper off a 2009-2014 f150 or a rear raptor bumper near phoenix?

Last edited: