Best / Recommended Octane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Somewhat hard to determine if running a higher octane is harmful for vehicles that are not designed for it because just searching on the Internet results in mixed articles on the subject.

But what we can tell you is the Raptor is designed for 93 and will take advantage of the increased octane. Even Ford's marketing of 411hp is actually with Premium fuel and in small print the Raptor gets 401hp with 87. Personally I run 87 the majority of the time, it is hard for me to justify a 90¢ difference for Premium when I can't really tell in the butt dyno even though I have different tunes to choose from. I am satisfied with what 87 provides.

I will probably only ever change to the 87 tune if I'm somewhere that doesn't have anything better. However, I run 93, not due to the performance aspect, but from a quality aspect. It's bad enough we have so many additives in our gas as it is, and to run 87 on top of it is even worse (in my own opinion). I've seen enough motors apart, running 93 vs 87, and I'll continue to run 93. Typically, once a month, I'll run some Redline Fuel Cleaner through my system with a full tank, to keep everything as clean as I can.

D

Deleted member 12951

$1.94 today!!!

Tad lower up here

750c0f4e5880331377e228db565f7046.jpg

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crude oil prices are killing my company right now. We build pipelines and facilities so we just cut about 40% of our employees.