Best / Recommended Octane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
We'll have to see about that when the new silver trucks start showing up.

well, one thing's for sure....the Molten Orange is the slowest cause it has an extra coat of paint....adding at least 11 lbs. :roflsquared:

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would save the money on 91/93, unless you have some serious mods or are racing or something. I am running 87 and it is still FUN!!!!!!

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would save the money on 91/93, unless you have some serious mods or are racing or something. I am running 87 and it is still FUN!!!!!!
I don't know much about gas trucks, but I've learned 2 things about fuel:

One (from my experience with diesels, and the results of bad fuel):
Buy the best you can from the same high volume location when possible.

Two (from the mechanic at the HD dealership going over my new scooter when I asked what grade fuel it needed)
"Why the F*** would you S*** in the tank?"

With that I buy premium fuel from the same high volume major brand station near my house whenever possible.

Just my opinion.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I don't know much about gas trucks, but I've learned 2 things about fuel:

One (from my experience with diesels, and the results of bad fuel):
Buy the best you can from the same high volume location when possible.

Two (from the mechanic at the HD dealership going over my new scooter when I asked what grade fuel it needed)
"Why the F*** would you S*** in the tank?"

With that I buy premium fuel from the same high volume major brand station near my house whenever possible.

Just my opinion.

From a mileage perspective (I know there's a special thread for that, but this is pertinent) I have clocked an extra 40km (25miles) on a tank using the good shit. It's a premium of $0.30 around here, so depending on what my anticipated driving use will be, I judge accordingly.
Mine is a mix of 60% city, 30% highway, and 10% - "rug it to blow away that dodge hemi that thinks he owns the road" (so far I haven't been disappointed, but have yet to find a Grand Cherokee SRT hemi to play with...)

OP
OP
kglesq

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
From a mileage perspective (I know there's a special thread for that, but this is pertinent) I have clocked an extra 40km (25miles) on a tank using the good shit. It's a premium of $0.30 around here, so depending on what my anticipated driving use will be, I judge accordingly.
Mine is a mix of 60% city, 30% highway, and 10% - "rug it to blow away that dodge hemi that thinks he owns the road" (so far I haven't been disappointed, but have yet to find a Grand Cherokee SRT hemi to play with...)

I noticed the same, though I haven't had a chance to look further into it as my truck is currently in the shop. Essentially, I had been running 91, and on the first tank of 87 I tried, I got 2 mpg less. Need to repeat a few times to confirm whether there is a correlation, but my brother noticed the same thing, and so did you, so I'm pretty sure there is.

Reaction score
Don't know about you guys, but my Raptor "Owners Guide Supplement" says that it is 411HP for the 6.2 with Premium and 401HP with with 87 octane.