Best Raptor Compliments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
A US Forest Service law enforcement officer told me that my GEN1 Raptor was the most distinctively tough looking truck in the county.

That's saying a LOT because Elko County, Nevada has 17,203 square miles and is larger than 9 US states!

ive prob seen u in elko, i work there. theres about 100 of them in elko lol everyone has one up there

M32

Reaction score
Bumping this back up... two stories to share.

Shortly after Hurricane Harvey, I told my GF I wanted to upgrade my truck (Tacoma) and get a Raptor. I never owned a Ford before so I wanted to test drive a raptor before I fully committed to buying one so we went to a local used car lot. For those familiar to Houston, the used car dealership is Texas Direct Auto and is a huge dealership (about the size of Carmax). Anyway, we sign in and tell the sales rep we want to test drive the 2013 white SCREW. While we waited for it, my GF and I were standing outside with about 15 other folks waiting for their sales folks to pull up the cars that they wanted to test drive. When our sales guy pulled up the raptor, I saw people whipping out their phones and taking a video of it. I laughed and said to my GF "wait till you see their faces when they see us get in it" (my GF is barely 5' and I'm only 5' 6").

Second story happened last night. Fast forward three weeks after the first story... I bought a used raptor in houston and was hanging out at my GF's place. I get a alert on my phone that the alarm is going off in my house. Crap... alarm company calls me and says police is contacted and they will call you. So I'm rushing to the house and I get a call from the local PD and they tell me they walked around the house and didn't see anything and asked if I wanted them to wait till I got there to check the inside. I said sure... be there in 5 min. I get there and I pull up... I speak first and thank the cops for waiting and then after the cops say no problem, he starts asking me about the raptor. "How do I like it?" "Did you just get it? (have paper plates on)... "It's fast huh?" (which I replied "I'm a law-abiding citizen but it is quick"). Obviously house checked out ok and then they started asking me what I did for a living..haha

Edwin

Last edited:

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reviving the thread, again. I just read all 49 pages over the last few days (throne room reading). I've only had my new to me Gen 1 for a few weeks, but had to leave my 2 cents...

I drove 6 hours away to buy my truck, so my daughter and I stayed in a hotel the night I purchased it. We didn't make it to our room. Before I was approached by a hippie looking fellow who ended up being a really cool good ol' boy in Montana. We talked for about half an hour about the truck, meanwhile my daughter is playing with all the gizmos and gadgets.

We drove home the next morning and passed 2 more Raptors on the way; a gen 2 and a gen 1. The gen 2 flashed his lights and waved. The gen1 waved. Of course, my daughter and I waved back .

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife took the Raptor in to work this morning. She was delivering parts to one of her accounts (not in the Raptor) that she hadn't seen in a few weeks. She told him she got a Raptor and he yelled "shut the f*** up!"

bucktown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came around a corner a little hot in my neighbourhood the other day, and there was a young father and his maybe 5 year old son walking in the park, I thought they were going to be mad as hell, but the little guy screamed and started jumping up and down with his hands in the air like he was at monster jam on a Sunday, and got a thumbs up from the father hahaha.

I had just come back from getting trade in estimates.... Things like that make it hard to want to sell this truck!

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Not sure if there is a similar thread in the history but I have had a few recent compliments that are worth mentioning. There have been 3; in ascending order:

#3 - "That's a Man Cave on Wheels"

#2 - as I was holding the door for a young lady coming out of Starbucks; my truck was parked nose-in right outside; she stops in her tracks and says " HOLY.......TRUCK!"

and my favorite - #1 - I am stuck in construction traffic on 95, north of Fredericksburg, VA. I am crawling in the left lane, the center median is where the construction is and is filled with earth movers. One drives alongside my truck, stops and the driver removes his helmet, spreads his arms wide and bows.

#1 is gold!