Best brake setups/places to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. Not looking to move to a big brake kit, but looking for the best overall brake setup and where to purchase it from. Thanks y'all.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with ebc pads and rotors all around, also have stainless lines(these are a must, better brake feel).

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Key We am currently offering 15% off R1Concepts performance brake packages. Send me a private message and I can provide a shipped quote for everything you need to improve your braking overall and greatly increase the longevity of your brake parts.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
EBC have been in business way longer than R1 and make brake systems for almost anything you can think of that has wheels (trains, planes, cars, motorcycles, bicycles). R1 does not have the reputation that EBC does and I would probably never install their products on a vehicle I own. I have installed EBC products on every vehicle I have owned (motorcycles, cars, bikes) except the Raptor because I have a maintenance plan on the raptor that includes breaks, once thats up I will install EBC parts.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have offered R1 products since 2009 due to personal experience and the experience of my customers for everything from 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton gas and diesel trucks to Mustangs, Corvettes, Cadillac's and more. They offer brake parts for anything you could want, even class 8 trucks. I can also offer EBC, Baer, Brembo, Stoptec, Hawk, you name it. I can even make a larger profit on those brands, but R1 products have proven themselves time and time again on my customers' Raptors and more.

I first tested their Premier drilled and slotted rotors and Posi Quiet pads on my 2003 Duramax. I hauled heavy farm goods throughout the year with that truck and was replacing rotors and pads after every single Christmas tree season. I installed the R1 products in January of 2009, hauled with that truck for two more years before I had to quite hauling due to health problems and that same brake package was still on the truck with more than 50% of the pad left and no cracking, no warping and no extensive wear on the rotors when I sold the truck this past September 2014.

Everyone out there has their favorite brand name products, however, most personal opinions are limited to their personal experience with one brand. I have sold EBC and other brands and had customers complain about longevity and or quality. EBC is a good company with a great reputation, but I have yet to have a customer complain about anything to do with the R1Concepts products quality, performance or longevity.