Best brake lines for our trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm doing my brakes soon and already bought stoptech slotted rotors and EBC yellow pads. Looking to do the brakes lines as well so I can have a complete overhaul. I looked at the Stoptech lines but am not sure if I should consider others as well. Anyone have any experience with Stoptech or any other brand for brake lines? I am also getting Motul fluid. This is for my 2012.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interested in this, as well. I'm about to do mine and I'm currently looking at the Full Race kit. Tons of kits out there, though. SDHQ is another one. Haven't heard anything bad about any of them and assume this would be pretty straightforward but can't hurt to ask...

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I helped a friend install a set of Full Race brake lines.

We struggled a bit installing the rears since the fittings on the lines didn't exactly match the size of fittings on the OEM lines. There is a bracket mounted on the frame that needed to be loosened and moved a little to get it to work.

The fronts seemed to go in ok but the fit of the lines didn't seem to follow the path of the OEM lines exactly. There was a tight bend in the line near the brake caliper which felt slightly off.

I didn't notice any dramatic difference in pedal feel after the install which is what Full Race will have you believe will happen.

This is coming off sounding like a negative review, and I don't mean that to be the case though. The good part is the Full Race brake lines appear ultra durable and look like they will last forever.

stainless-kevlar-ptfe-brake-line-kit-2011-2014-0-2.jpg

The SDHQ kit looks pretty good but _very_ similar to the Full Race ones. So much so, I was wondering if SDHQ outsourced the job of creating their lines to Full Race. The only difference I could see is that the Full Race brake line retaining clips were zinc coated.

DSC01176.JPG

The RPG brake line kit looks as if it has the same fittings as the OEM lines. This may mean the fitment will be better than the Full Race and SDHQ lines. Their lines however lack the abrasion resistant PVC Kevlar on the outside of the line which I think is a pretty sweet addition. Also it seems like their kit is only for the fronts. I'm not sure if they offer anything for the rears.

BL.jpg

Last edited:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have SDHQ front and partial rear kit on mine (upper in the rear). There is a big difference. There is no more spongy feel when stopping. My second truck, the same mod.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe several of the options shown are all actually made by Crown Performance. I installed Crown performance lines on the front and rear of my 2011. Fit was perfect and I’ve had zero problems over the last couple years. The colored jacket may tear at the edges based on flex and embrittlement from cold climates, but I just wrapped the ends near the fittings with Gorilla tape and that has held up fine. Regardless, this only happened in the front where the line routes downward to connect to the brake calipers.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was pretty simple, I just gave my truck to my in house mechanic.

I watched a few videos and was surprised how easy it is to do. I wish I had the proper tools and a garage, or nicer weather, I would do the brakes myself.

Last edited: