best 110/120V Air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this is the wrong spot for this, but I love the info coming out of this forum so I wanted to get it out there. My 15 year old craftsmen air compressor has officially died and I am looking for a replacement. The old girl was a 6HP, 30 gal capable of providing 8.6 SCFM @ 40 PSI and 6.4 SCFM @ 90 PSI. It was capable of doing what I need, but I would like a new one that didn't run quite so much when using die grinders and sanders, etc. Just looking for opinions. Thanks, Doug

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your tank is still good just get a new compressor and motor. I got a IR, 60 gallon tank but its 220. If you have a service panel in your garage its not hard to add a 220 volt outlet. Check out Tractor supply.

OP
OP
nsdq3

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you actually have to plumb new wiring or do you just change the breaker and the outlet?

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NSDQ3,
There's a video on "Extreme Off Road"...(part of PowernationTV.com), on adding a 220 volt outlet. You need two adjacent open circuit breaker panels in the Circuit Breaker box, two 220 volt breakers, (single phase? Dual phase?), wiring to safely carry the AMPERAGE expected to be drawn by the 220 volt use...(compressor/welder, etc), and the 220 volt outlet that corresponds to the male plug(s) of your unit(s).
You will also need to get a permit and have the work approved by the local building/electrical inspector.
Eddie
ps I am not an electrician; but believe that with proper planning and supervision anyone can do simple wiring...as long as the codes are followed and the inspectors are satisfied....