GEN 1 Battery Dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moosejaw

Reaction score
So i picked up my project car that underwent a 2JZ GTE swap this friday
As i put in the garage , i started up the raptor in my driveway to move it away.
It didnt turn over. I hooked up a volt meter to my battery and it showed just around 10volts. I left my project car in the driveway outside and decided to replace the battery the next day Sunday as it was really hot outside.

So the next day rolls around and i decide to change out the battery before I go shop for a new one. Well both keys wouldn't work in the drivers door. I used WD-40 and graphite lube for door locks. No such luck. I even posted it on facebook and asked for help. Everyone offered ****** advice such as turn the key, pull on the handle, push on the handle, slide that litter trim peice off with a flathead(not on these trucks) Really annoying.

I went upstairs booted up the computer and searched and searched. Well documented problem on other F150 forums but no solution anywhere.

I couldnt even get to the hood latch from outside
I also read there was a terminal next to the starter solenoid in the passenger wheel well. Couldnt find it

So i figured leave it till tomorrow and get a locksmith to come out and slim jim it.
I contacted a old freind on FB and asked him to come out while i was at work
In fact he came out as iwas picking up a new battery at the ford dealership for a sweet deal like $115 for a 750 CCA Motorcraft Battery.

The locksmith was able to open the driver side door. I told him to pop the hood and lock the car.

Come home, get the ladder and pry the battery out, put the new one.
start her up, let he idle, followed the instructions in the manual, reset my 5 star tune and she pumps a healthy 14.4 volts while driving.

The kicker is i went to put my key in manually to unlock the door and now it works. I even have before and after videos on my phone.

This is ridiculous i was so annoyed. Even my service tech never heard of this before.

Just a warning to those who may have dead batteries

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The kicker is i went to put my key in manually to unlock the door and now it works. I even have before and after videos on my phone.

That is really odd. And this is pretty scary. Could even be a matter of life and death if you were stuck out in the boonies or something.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if some kind of alarm triggered.
Did you try the door code?