BakFlip F1 Warranty Replacement process

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you have any fit/finish issues with your replacement?
Did is install on your existing rails?

It's the exact same cover, and it's not like the backflip f1's are known for any fitment or sloppy tolerance issues, or that they use different rails at random. Clicked on in about 2-1/2 seconds, and the nut handles to secure the front took about 30 seconds.

OP
OP
G

GoHerd2000

Reaction score
It's the exact same cover, and it's not like the backflip f1's are known for any fitment or sloppy tolerance issues, or that they use different rails at random. Clicked on in about 2-1/2 seconds, and the nut handles to secure the front took about 30 seconds.

I assumed that would be the case.
I also assumed the paint would hold up.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it's paint but more of an anodized coating or something.

But it's apples to oranges. The finish holding up to the elements over time doesn't really reflect or correlate to the fitment.

OP
OP
G

GoHerd2000

Reaction score
I don't think it's paint but more of an anodized coating or something.

But it's apples to oranges. The finish holding up to the elements over time doesn't really reflect or correlate to the fitment.

Yea I'm speaking more to the quality of the product overall.
If the coating/paint/finish won't hold up as advertised it makes me concerned the uniformity of the product may vary.

Reading reviews from others who have bought the cover and had to return due to leaking and poor fit is also evidence fade isn't the only issue with the product.