BakFlip F1 Warranty Replacement process

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoHerd2000

Reaction score
Bought a BakFlip F1 in 2014. All of the panels,except the small one near the cab, are faded. Paint has deteriorated to the point where you can see metal.

Inquired about a warranty replacement.

Bak Industries is asking me to destroy the cover (drill holes or "spray paint both sides") before they will send a replacement.

Does this seem odd to anyone else? I assumed they would have the defective product shipped back to them.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a BakFlip F1 in 2014. All of the panels,except the small one near the cab, are faded. Paint has deteriorated to the point where you can see metal.

Bak Industries is asking me to destroy the cover (drill holes or "spray paint both sides") before they will send a replacement.

Does this seem odd to anyone else? I assumed they would have the defective product shipped back to them.

They probably can't justify covering return shipping and don't want outrage when asking customers to pay shipping. They also don't want defective covers resold once a customer receives the replacement. It al comes down to what makes sense for them financially.

Spray some paint and get your replacement.

D

Deleted member 12951

How did you go about inquiry with Bak on warranty?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that's odd. When I had mine covered under warranty through Morrie at Bak Factory Outlet, he had the new one shipped, and it came with a return shipping label for the old one.

I can see them not wanting to spend money for returning a defective cover they're going to chuck anyway, but you'd think they'd just take a cc as a precaution, once you replace it if you send the photos of the old one destroyed then you won't be charged for the replacement or get a deposit refunded. If you keep both, then you get charged. That covers their hyde and keeps you with no down time.

On a related note, my replacement is starting to fade as well. My original one lasted 2-3 years before it was fully faded. My replacement is about 1.5 years old, and starting to get the little marks and fading on it, even though I'm always keeping it clean, washed, and protected. I may just pull it off and repaint it myself this time or vinyl wrap it.

OP
OP
G

GoHerd2000

Reaction score
that's odd. When I had mine covered under warranty through Morrie at Bak Factory Outlet, he had the new one shipped, and it came with a return shipping label for the old one.

I can see them not wanting to spend money for returning a defective cover they're going to chuck anyway, but you'd think they'd just take a cc as a precaution, once you replace it if you send the photos of the old one destroyed then you won't be charged for the replacement or get a deposit refunded. If you keep both, then you get charged. That covers their hyde and keeps you with no down time.

On a related note, my replacement is starting to fade as well. My original one lasted 2-3 years before it was fully faded. My replacement is about 1.5 years old, and starting to get the little marks and fading on it, even though I'm always keeping it clean, washed, and protected. I may just pull it off and repaint it myself this time or vinyl wrap it.

Did you have any fit/finish issues with your replacement?
Did is install on your existing rails?

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have any fit/finish issues with your replacement?
Did is install on your existing rails?

I bought mine at local shop they installed the G2 I noticed a day or so later he ordered another F1 to replace it. when it got in they sent everything new but the shop just swapped the top works 100% like the first one.
Id guess you will have no problems at all swapping