GEN 1 Baer Rotors and EBC Yellow Brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its normal.
I've been running these same pads for about 6-8 months (including a 14k mile road trip) and used to have some brake noise under the same conditions. (Pads bedded per ebc's instructions)
For me the noise became quieter and occurred less frequently as the pads wore down. Also became quieter after heavy use/towing(more wear). It's now at the point that I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread but this is a more recent development. I'd bet it still squeaks occasionally.

The reality is, what was stated earlier was correct: performance pads tend to not be completely silent and the idea is that you're trading a bit of noise for improved brake pad performance. Hopefully it gets better for you over time as it did for me.

If it's a deal breaker, those posi-quiet pads are pretty good. I run them on a couple of my other cars since my local parts store stocks them as OE replacement pads.

I can't blame the dealer. I sourced out these parts. I'm going to have to just live with it. After reading all the feedback from everyone ( thankyou in advance) and also further researching....yea this is normal.....

thanks again everyone.

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its normal.
I've been running these same pads for about 6-8 months (including a 14k mile road trip) and used to have some brake noise under the same conditions. (Pads bedded per ebc's instructions)
For me the noise became quieter and occurred less frequently as the pads wore down. Also became quieter after heavy use/towing(more wear). It's now at the point that I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread but this is a more recent development. I'd bet it still squeaks occasionally.

The reality is, what was stated earlier was correct: performance pads tend to not be completely silent and the idea is that you're trading a bit of noise for improved brake pad performance. Hopefully it gets better for you over time as it did for me.

If it's a deal breaker, those posi-quiet pads are pretty good. I run them on a couple of my other cars since my local parts store stocks them as OE replacement pads.

thanks for the reply
I'm living with it.....yea the noise as minimized but still there under certain conditions.
My next set whenever that may be will be the PosiQuiet pads...as you suggested.
Thanks again for all the replies....

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overdue update
I no longer have the brake squeal
I guess the EBC Yellow pads / Baer Rotors finally broke-in

Its normal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk