GEN 1 Baer Rotors and EBC Yellow Brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I had my first brake service at 42k miles.
I had purchased New Baer Rotors and EBC Yellow brake pads and had them installed at the dealer.

My biggest complaint is the brake squeal. Under Hard braking it doesn't happen. It only happens on subtle braking.

Is this NORMAL? Or does the brake pads / rotors need to break-in?

I know alot of Raptor Owners went with a different setup so please spare the "i told you so" comments.

Any feedback is Much appreciated.

Ty

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pads are inherently noisy. A lot of supposedly really good performance pads can be annoyingly noisy. You may have just gotten a noisy pad/rotor combo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I had my first brake service at 42k miles.
I had purchased New Baer Rotors and EBC Yellow brake pads and had them installed at the dealer.

My biggest complaint is the brake squeal. Under Hard braking it doesn't happen. It only happens on subtle braking.

Is this NORMAL? Or does the brake pads / rotors need to break-in?

I know alot of Raptor Owners went with a different setup so please spare the "i told you so" comments.

Any feedback is Much appreciated.

Ty

I'm taking my Raptor back in Wednesday to have the dealer look at it again.
This brake squealing is annoying. I never had this much squealing with the OEM Rotors and OEM Brake pads.....

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my Raptor back in Wednesday to have the dealer look at it again.
This brake squealing is annoying. I never had this much squealing with the OEM Rotors and OEM Brake pads.....
Did the dealer sell you these or did you source them yourself and bring them to the dealer for install? If the dealer pushed this combo, I'd really lean on them hard to make it right. Might just need a different pad material for that type of rotor...but even then a new set of pads are not an insignificant cost.

At any rate, good luck. Hope you can get this squared away without shelling out anymore cash.

I'll be doing my brakes soon. After chatting with @Chris@FreedomMotorsports I've settled on r1 Concepts rotors with Posi-Quiet ceramic pads. I'll be pulling the trigger on the purchase in a few weeks.

Maybe you can chat with Chris and see what he recommends.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
Its normal.
I've been running these same pads for about 6-8 months (including a 14k mile road trip) and used to have some brake noise under the same conditions. (Pads bedded per ebc's instructions)
For me the noise became quieter and occurred less frequently as the pads wore down. Also became quieter after heavy use/towing(more wear). It's now at the point that I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread but this is a more recent development. I'd bet it still squeaks occasionally.

The reality is, what was stated earlier was correct: performance pads tend to not be completely silent and the idea is that you're trading a bit of noise for improved brake pad performance. Hopefully it gets better for you over time as it did for me.

If it's a deal breaker, those posi-quiet pads are pretty good. I run them on a couple of my other cars since my local parts store stocks them as OE replacement pads.

Last edited: