Bad experience at Bob Wondries Ford in Alhambra, CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yufengluo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. It is unfortunate that I must make my introduction to the forum this way but my name is Yufeng and I own the Black Raptor with the red roll cage that has been all over SVC's Instagram. Have something I'd like to warn people about.

Gonna talk about my experience at Bob Wondries Ford in Alhambra today. To start off, I spent the majority of the morning at SVC Offroad to look over everything after the barstow test. On the way home, I stopped by Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park as well as Advantage Ford in Monrovia for a oil change since my truck had just hit 3500 miles and I had the 7 year service plan so figured I'd try the dealerships. Both refuse politely because they didn't want to be accountable for any aftermarket parts. I called Bob Wondries Ford service department while I was still at Advantage and spoke to the service manager about my concerns if they could take care of my one piece hood. He sounded super excited about a modded raptor coming in on the phone. When I arrived, the first thing he said to me was "Holy Shit, ************, holy ****". Was not sure how to take that greeting. I Immediately expressed concerns once again about the one piece being kept in a safe area and I wanted to be the one taking it off before they drive it to the lift. "Sure," he says. He starts tapping on my one piece to see what its made of and chips the paint with his nails. I didn't notice the chip where he had tapped it til I got it back. Note: paint is relatively fresh so it has not cured. Then he asked for the keys to look at my mileage. He decides to start my truck on purpose to listen to aggressive start up it as you can tell by the big smile on his face. You do not need to start it to check milage as the other dealers didn't. I didn't take that as a sign to leave which was a big mistake. Half way through undoing the clips someone comes and tells me I need to do paperwork in the office so I walk in and start giving them my info. The only things that were left undone were the zues screws hidden behind the the headlights that secured it to the valence. First thing he does is tells me my warrenty is voided due to mods and punches it into the computer. The way he said it was like he wanted to void my warranty. Next thing I know, all the mechanics swarm to my truck, start doing circles around, touching stuff, tapping on my glass, opening up my doors to look inside. Guy decides to jump in as I am looking straight at him and starts up my truck once again to let all his buddies listen to it. I know this by the way they were urging this one guy to get in. Then he drives off. I look straight at the service manager and I ask him, "didn't I specifically tell you to let me finish taking it off before you take it?" He replies, "we know what we're doing." No they didn't because if they lifted the one piece, it would have cracked with the one hidden zeus in place. I was starting to get mad at this point and I told them to bring it back. Blonde lady sitting next to him comes to the front of the office and stares me down then tells me "You need to calm down." I never raised my voice or expressed anger once. The service manager then tells me, "you don't think we know how to do our job huh." I respond with, "so explain how your gonna take off my one piece. I wasn't done taking it off." He bolts out the office starts screaming "Bring the truck back. This guy thinks we don't know how to do our job." Looks at me again and yells, "I'm gonna fire everyone here. Your all fired." He did all this to taunt me for sure. Never said a thing to him to **** him off. His employees start to laugh and as my truck rolls back into view, he says, "heres your truck back. Get out of here" waving his arm as to shoo me out of the dealership. I'm walking to my truck and I can hear them talking trash about how stupid I am thinking they didn't know what they were doing. I didn't want to have to do this but I am so outraged I just had to.

D

Deleted member 12951

Sorry for all that shit at those dealers. I've had some bad luck but not quite that bad. Being in LA though, I am sure you have a lot of choices where to take it. Why don't you ask SVC what dealership they recommend and start going there? I have a Ford dealership that is 1 mile from me but I drive past it and go further to another one due to crap service. Sounds like that service manager just wanted to see your truck and wasn't even considering working on it. They definitely had no respect for your property or being a potential customer.

When you have some major mods that replace factory, you have to imagine that parts of your warranty can't be covered but you most likely already know that.

Haven't seen your truck but found the thread here and I don't mess with Instagram so really couldn't see it but for what I did see, you sir have one bad-ass raptor, wow! Very nice. Is your profile wrong here or are you really 17? Not that it matters, but saw that you are a professional race driver and that's really cool.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@FordService

Contact us today for the incredible Rogue Racing New Year's front bumper specials!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That warrants a call to the dealer gen manager and owner. Also another reason to get a dash cam.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone. It is unfortunate that I must make my introduction to the forum this way but my name is Yufeng and I own the Black Raptor with the red roll cage that has been all over SVC's Instagram. Have something I'd like to warn people about.

Having dealt with my Ford house for so long, I can tell you that this place you went to is a travesty!

I will also say that these dealerships live and die by the survey results they get from their customers. My dealership always asks what they can do to score perfect scores throughout the process. The General Manager always sends a personal email asking about my experience and if there was anything they could do better. He told me that even one negative survey point affects the bonuses that the service department managers get.

Inquire with Ford how to get a hold of one of these surveys for your recent visit and flame that Service Manager that you were dealing with. I promise it will affect the department and someone will have a talk with him about your experience.

Good luck!!!

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Sounds like they should all be fired. I'd call or write a letter to the GM.

Did you ask Jeff, jarrett, or Sean about where to take it?

That would never happen at Theodore Robins Ford in Costa Mesa. Just sayin :33:

I'd go to @Raptizzle's family dealership... :tizzle: :stoner:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Survey,... If they think your not happy, they don't send you the survey. That's how it's gone down for me.

That and I doubt they even put it in the system since they were just starting to get his info when he left.