Back in the saddle/ Road Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a much too long absence from the forum, im finally back. Ive been busy transitioning to active duty and moving across country but im finally starting to get settled. Figured I would write up a review of my road trip from Atlantic coast to the Pacific coast.

I left NJ on Jan 2 with my 2011 SCab's bed and rear seat loaded with a little over 400lbs of home goods and what not. I drove across country through PA, OH, IN, IL, MO, OK, TX, NM, AZ, NV, and ended my trip at Vandenberg AFB, CA. I logged a little over 3,000 miles total and averaged about 500 miles per day. I averaged 14.5 MPG and used up 206 gallons of gas. Drove through a couple snow squalls in OH and IN and the truck did fine, prob because i had so much weight. I only saw one other Raptor the entire trip; it was a blue SCrew pulling a camper parked at a TX rest stop.

I did notice the performance drop pretty good with all the excess weight. The acceleration was pretty slow but i expected that. The ride was superb! The seats in the Raptor are absolutely amazing. After sitting in it all day everyday for about a week I didn't have any problems, no butt going numb or back or leg cramps.

Now i get to join the ranks of the California Raptor owners! I'm livin in Lompoc so if anybody else in the central coast area wants to meet up some weekend let me know. I plan on checking out the Oceano Dunes OHV Park sometime real soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 106

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a much too long absence from the forum, im finally back. Ive been busy transitioning to active duty and moving across country but im finally starting to get settled. Figured I would write up a review of my road trip from Atlantic coast to the Pacific coast.

I left NJ on Jan 2 with my 2011 SCab's bed and rear seat loaded with a little over 400lbs of home goods and what not. I drove across country through PA, OH, IN, IL, MO, OK, TX, NM, AZ, NV, and ended my trip at Vandenberg AFB, CA. I logged a little over 3,000 miles total and averaged about 500 miles per day. I averaged 14.5 MPG and used up 206 gallons of gas. Drove through a couple snow squalls in OH and IN and the truck did fine, prob because i had so much weight. I only saw one other Raptor the entire trip; it was a blue SCrew pulling a camper parked at a TX rest stop.

I did notice the performance drop pretty good with all the excess weight. The acceleration was pretty slow but i expected that. The ride was superb! The seats in the Raptor are absolutely amazing. After sitting in it all day everyday for about a week I didn't have any problems, no butt going numb or back or leg cramps.

Now i get to join the ranks of the California Raptor owners! I'm livin in Lompoc so if anybody else in the central coast area wants to meet up some weekend let me know. I plan on checking out the Oceano Dunes OHV Park sometime real soon!

Welcome back and enjoyed the read.