Back glass shattered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I bout to take it on da chin, but gotta ask. Why unplug, pull fuse, or whatever. If you don’t wanna use it don’t turn it on??! I mean folks worry bout moonroof detting stuck open, heated/cool seats fail etc. No pull fuse just don’t use. Do you have to protect you from your self in your own truck?? If not so careful with the cruise, would hate to see a wrecked Raptor due to the inability to turn it off and run off road

Last edited:
Reaction score
Because the rear defrost button also works the mirrors. Also, if someone else gets in your truck and doesn’t know...

wakko0o

Reaction score
I know I bout to take it on da chin, but gotta ask. Why unplug, pull fuse, or whatever. If you don’t wanna use it don’t turn it on??! I mean folks worry bout moonroof detting stuck open, heated/cool seats fail etc. No pull fuse just don’t use. Do you have to protect you from your self in your own truck?? If not so careful with the cruise, would hate to see a wrecked Raptor due to the inability to turn it off and run off road

Well my reason is that I have a 5yo and a 8yo who love to touch buttons. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Because the rear defrost button also works the mirrors. Also, if someone else gets in your truck and doesn’t know...

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

True. Make sure you pull the 4 wd fuse. They may not know on pavement. Make sure you pull the electric lock rear end. They may not know.

??? Lol... those you would feel right away. A button left On without knowing would cause a shattered glass. Dude!! Have you been reading!? Look at the threat subject smh

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

So after unplugging the rear glass sides. (Not the center because I couldn’t find the plug for it) I realized the button won’t work. Now I’m beginning to think that we don’t have heated mirrors. Or they do heat up without the button being lid up. I’m going to dig in my manual now to double check this “heated mirror” combined with the defrost. Smh

Last edited:

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just read on a f150 forum if you take out fuse 32 in the engine bay it disables the rear defroster and not the mirrors. Gunna try after work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wakko0o

Reaction score
I just read on a f150 forum if you take out fuse 32 in the engine bay it disables the rear defroster and not the mirrors. Gunna try after work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just read on the manual Page110 the truck has to be running or it will not work. (My mistake when I tried, oops)... I will also try after work. Good luck

Last edited:

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes wakko0o I have been reading this thread! I totally understand- kids love to push buttons. I guess I am luckly, like many others(wonder how many thousands have worked as published for every one failure), used mine many times. Guess I will continue, have bumper to bumper extended warranty, less 100 bucks. Good luck to ya’ll with the wire pulling. Get the right combo figured out or fuse Post it up for all

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Didn’t think of that!