AUX switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medic001918

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm waiting for my truck to come in and was considering ordering fog lights from sidetracked. My question is are the AUX switches keyed so that they're only hot when the key is on? Or are they always hot?

Shane

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, like Kaiser said.

Am I reading your mind? Do you want to keep the switch on at all times so the fog lights are always on when the truck is on?

OP
OP
M

medic001918

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, like Kaiser said.

Am I reading your mind? Do you want to keep the switch on at all times so the fog lights are always on when the truck is on?

Not necessarily on as long as the truck is on. But if they're on and I don't remember to turn them off…I'd like to know that they'll go off with the key.

Shane

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to the OP. I just wired up some lights and it's a PAIN IN THE ASS. What the hell were the Ford engineers thinking? Let's add some awesome auxiliary switches but leave it up to the customer to make the final connections? Morons!

Hey i'm not being hostile in any way. but have you ever wired lights with switches, relays through a modern firewall. Good luck finding a place to route your wires. and then finding a place to mount your switch and getting the wires to that switch.

I personally believe the up-fitter switches are one of the best things of the raptor.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think the wires are there so you can do wiring inside the vehicle or outside the vehicle. if ts inside, you can just connect to the wires already there, if its outside, just connect the pass through wires. that way if you have high amperage items like off road lights, you can add a relay directly to the battery.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not bad if you cut the tape holding the wires to the harness and pull them as far as they'll go through the side access panel. A lot easier than reaching through the glovebox trying to wire. Twist lock connectors are by far the easiest way. I used to always solder wires but Crutchfield turned me into these a while ago.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you except that Ford could have simply made the wires behind the glove box 2-3 inches longer and it would have made it a lot easier. Or even have these wires plug into each other so if you wanted to use the wires for other purposes, you can just unplug them.

Hey i'm not being hostile in any way. but have you ever wired lights with switches, relays through a modern firewall. Good luck finding a place to route your wires. and then finding a place to mount your switch and getting the wires to that switch.

I personally believe the up-fitter switches are one of the best things of the raptor.