Arghhh!!! Jiffy Lube: first and last time with Rap!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was too busy to take the Raptor to my regular shop for an oil change so I figured I would stop by the local Jiffy Lube. I have gone to this shop lots of times and no issues, good service....until today.

Tech slips with oil filter wrench and smacks into and breaks the coolant line connector right next to it. Coolant pures out all over.

Luckily I always watch them do the job and they stepped right up to the plate and took all responsibilty. Of course it was Saturday, so dealership was closed. THey have by baby towed to the dealer where she is at today. Part should be in tommorrow and needless to say, Jiffy Lube is picking up the tab.

I did not go balistic as shit happens and people make mistakes. I appreciated the fact that they made no excuses and have called me 3-4 times to give me updates. However, back to my shop from now on!!

Be careful when you remove your oil filter. That coolant line is only inches from it.

Regards

RottenKid

Reaction score
Bummer but I would think that you could go back to the same Jiffy Lube with no problems in the future. They're going to remember you. :)

Just had my local Jiffy Lube dump the factory oil at 1100 miles but at 3000 I go back to the dealer and will probably stick with them. Free loaner car if something goes wonky.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
what the hell? i understand things happen but how hard/fast was he going at that filter to "slip" and have enough force to break a coolant line??

EatsPrii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feel your pain. I had a pcm issue when I picked up my truck. The tech put a scratch on the inside door panel while working on my truck. When I brought my truck in for an oil change last week, I hand selected a different tech to do the work.

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what the hell? i understand things happen but how hard/fast was he going at that filter to "slip" and have enough force to break a coolant line??

Yep, I guess they are pretty rough when removing the oil filter. It should not hard to take it out since its not your first oil change... is it??

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have a jiffy lube that actually does a good job? All the ones by me are horror stories. I've always done oil changes myself, but the Raptor will be going to Ford for them.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I guess they are pretty rough when removing the oil filter. It should not hard to take it out since its not your first oil change... is it??

2nd. I changed out the Oil for Mobil 1 after 1,000 miles. Just hit 5,000 miles so I decided to do the 2nd. Will do every 5k from here, Mobil 1 and its easy to remember the milege intervals. :peace:

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have had a bad past with Jiffy Lube also. Went to have my Lexus serviced they never changed the oil filter. I used my local Ford dealer for my 1st Raptor service they where actully pretty good.

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must have had the filter to tight from previous oil change.
People are way over tightening the oil filter.Should be able to do it by hand,no tools required for removal.
Wet the o-ring with fresh oil,snug to ring and 1/4 turn more,thats all.