ARB Air Compressor - Not Enough Room?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done a bit of research on the ARB air compressors and have decided to install one in my truck. My first thought was to fab up a mount and put it in the engine bay, but after a quick look, there isn't enough room. I have seen other compressors mounted in 2 other places, underneath the rear seat and in-between the frame horns infant of the radiator. Both of which I'm not thrilled about.

Option 1, under the rear seat. The scabs don't have much room in the cab and I store stuff under the rear seat.

Option 2, infant of the radiator. This seems like the best solution, but these air compressors need to be somewhat out of the elements. The nose of the truck doesn't offer much if any protection from dust/rain/rocks.

The ARB CKMA12 is roughly 10x10x6". Does any one have an idea where an empty space this size is in the truck?

Before you say go with the bolt on kit from VIAIR, no, I don't like that.

Your input is greatly appreciated!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how bout a bolt in kit from viair?

theres only 2 places where a supercab and crew cab have the same amount of space. in front and in the bed. i know theres some room in the rear fenders by the tail lights, but dont know if its enough. also, i mounted a 2gallon tank above my spare may be able to fit one there. the issue is air intake. no matter where you mount it outside the vehicle, you are going to have issues regarding the intake. my system consists of 2 viair compressors but the intake is routed high in my engine bay. if its the compressor im thinking (twin?) outside mounting may not be a good option.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my Vair in front of the radiator, ran a ton of miles off road with no damage or issues with the compressor. Yeah, dust will get thru, but rain and rocks were never an issue.