Appraisal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
Who would be best to get an appraisal from so you can get a reasonable price range to sell your truck privately? I was thinking dealership but not sure.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say go on ebay or shop around online and see what the going price is for your year and options, and go from there.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should look to sell your truck as follows... Ask any local dealer for fair market value.. Don't ask for trade or anything as that pollutes the price. Once you establish what a couple dealers would pay to buy your truck you have a baseline. You want something more than what a dealer buys it for.. Remember if you sell to a dealer he takes care of all the paper work and buys it from you, and you walk away. Otherwise there are some risks selling to private parties, as in law suits. You did not disclose the damage you knew about etc.. Does not mean you knew just means any can sue anyone for any reason even if the suit has no merit.. Just one land mine in the field of selling a vehicle. So if you decide to sell privately you want to get enough to make it worth the headache and hassle of selling a vehicle.. Of course in most cases you can sell your vehicle for thousands more than a dealer will pay you for it. But it gives you a baseline to start a price at...

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most accurate retail price source will be recent Ebay sales. Some regions might be higher or lower but ebay is what they are really selling for. NADA and other sources seem polluted to me.

On wholesale you would need a dealer to tell you what they are selling for at wholesale auctions. There is a report on even sale every week at auction. that's what a dealer will pay.

OP
OP
GitErDunn

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
I am a GSM at a Ford store in texas. I would be happy to help. Shoot me an email at [email protected] so we can start the process.

I live in Canada so I don't think you'd be much help from the states? I could be wrong though lol.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Thanks guys, I'm do some looking around and get a few different quotes or whatever from a few different places/people. I did the kelley blue book online and it based it at like $37 grand but thats without the modifications etc i've done. ( I know mods dont add too much extra, if any )