Anyone have the "new" wear off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. Do a run with a bunch of other Raptor guys!!! My first trip was to Moab. Worried about tearing the truck up for about 10 minutes. Then it was just fun. Buy some new wheels/tires. You don't have to spend a bunch, just something new. Then watch the forum for some used aftermarket mods. Work your way up and you'll get the bug.

I've been on vacation for over a week and can't wait to get back to drive my Raptor.....

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had my raptor for 9 months now and the new is starting to wear off. Has anybody had that happen? What did you do? I'm starting to think i'd rather have something else.
I've had mine for three years and I love it every time I look at it. It's an amazing truck.

Get some Adam's polish cleaners and let her shine!

Also, if you are into the sport car feel, check out the Hellwig rear sway bar. It will keep her planned around the bends. There is a group buy being planned. The install is easy. See the thread @MTUH3 started.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This happened to me a bit. There was a bit of a drag driving it 50+ miles each day, especially with sub 15 MPG. But every time I take it offroad, camping, drive right onto the beach, be asked by neighbors to move stuff... hell even when I clean it I find myself loving it all the same. My budget for mods is tied up with other cars right now, but once it opens up... I cant wait!

duggy

Reaction score
Gotta definitely take it out and get some dirt under your tires, even if it's just a small camping trip. You'll then find what mods you really need which becomes an addiction in itself.